Need Help! In between doctors and I'm out of Meds.

Posted , 5 users are following.

A mistake on my part led to me believe that since I was switching Dr,s it would be as simply exchanging scripts.  But this Dr. doesn't prescribe pain medication and I'm in agony.  They said go to the ER, but what are they going to do?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This happened to me a f8 months back and the only way I got a refill was to take the empty bottle through ER.!! Unfortunately for me the meds I had before were being under prescribed so I was not pain free.the ER doc bumped up my script providing much more relief.

The legal issues around pain management is serious so doctors are ultra paranoid and cautious. Oten discussed in this thread is docs are paranoid about the abuses occurring with patients receiving harmful/addictive opioids scripts and aptake more than the doctor recommends.   Caution is the only safeguard and (sadly) I imagine harsher national laws will be laid down harming most of us who guard our meds with the utmost scrutiny.  I'm sure today that's not a good or helpful answer but hope you are able to make it to the ER (with empty bottle in hand) to move swiftly toward pain relief).  

Blessings.

• Posted

If your in that much pain maybe your in a major flair up. They might even admit you fit a few days to shut down your pancreas to rest. Maybe that's the best way. You'll be pain free at least.

• Posted

The only choice you have is going to ER. It's the worst but you'll soon be there with the pain. Unless you get a new pain management doctor- you will not be happy- my GI doesn't prescribe either. It's sad that this happens.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.