Need help with gabapentin withdrawl..Plz!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been taking gabapentin for a year now for my anxiety, but I've been abusing it. I take around 20,000 milligrams a day if I can. I want to stop and the withdrawal has just started. My last dose was last night when I took the last of them. I feel so terrible. I'm also a former heroin addict. Been clean from it for 14 months. I feel worse now than when I cold turkey the heroin in rehab. I'm on Federal parole with only 5 months left on paper and I don't want to mess it up, but the Dr I see is provided by the fedz; so how do I tell her? I feel like I'm literally going to die..Plz help

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I know you are concerned about your parole, but you are in danger. You have to get some medical help. This is not like coming off opiates. You can't stop cold turkey from a dose of that magnitude, I urge you to seek medical advice ASAP. I'm not trying to freak you out, just telling you like it is. Very best of wishes, please let us know when you are ok, when things are better. 

• Posted

Hi...This is a serious thing! You need medical attention and advce ASAP! I hear what you're saying but you msut seek mediccal help now. PLEASE do nnot hesitate.

• Posted

DO NOT STOP THIS COLD TURKEY!!!!! You were taking entirely way too much. You need to seek medical advice or take your self to a hospital NOW!! My doctor told me to stop my 100 mg tabs 4x's a day cold turkey and I felt horrible and I've only been on them for a couple of months. I can only imagine how you feel. I called my pharmacist bc I thought I was going crazy and he said to NEVER stop this med cold turkey. You can die, have a seizure, hallucinations, paranoia, anxiety etc. Seek medical help now!!!!

• Posted

Jason, please let us know you've seek medical advice. I am very concerned about you

• Posted

Not yet. Really week. Can't eat or drink and get very dizzy when I stand. Can't sleep and very anxious so far and shakes bad

• Posted

You really need to call someone and have them take you to the hospital. You need help now, put all the other things aside and please go to the hospital.
    • Posted

I think they may give you something to help with the withdrawals or they may give you some Gabapentin just to get you feeling somewhat like yourself. I'm not a doctor but I've done enough research with my doctor and pharmacist to know you can't come off that high of a dose without some help. You really need to go and get some help. They can help you with the anxiety and other symptoms your having. Please go get help.

• Posted

Jason, PLEASE!!! listen to Tonya. She is telling you you need immediate help! Please ....
  • Posted

Very much hope you have sought some medical advice- and that you are ok. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.