Need input.What hrt have you had sucess with.I need help deciding or is it thumbs down on all?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I really dont know what to do,i just made another apt for second opinion on hrt.I have alot of symptoms and much anxiety and dont know what to do.Both sucess and unsucessful trys of these hormones will be much apprecited.If you are against them,feel free to say so too.Thanks.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi. Few months ago I was given steroid and premarin cream. Its like I have no choice. Its sore and itchy, this helped but I don't like estrogen side effects. There's no other good option but pray I don't get cancer. But I cut back on it to once weekly, and it acted up again now. So I myself am teetering on what helps and what is safe.
    • Posted

What side affects did you actually get?Im bewildered by it all,but dont want to feel like this the rest of my life.
    • Posted

Ive read localised has a very low incidance of cancer..but hard to get it out of a persons head when youve heard it.
    • Posted

I have no side effects as it does work. But as someone else said its hard to get out of your head a small cancer risk. Actually I feel great with this but by cutting back I just aggravated the problem. But I noticed I got hot flashes due to body getting used to estrogen again. Which I hated. And its a little messy. Mild headaches initially.
    • Posted

I don't like taking estrogen (the cancer is a worry and I do believe it is cancer causing), that said I cannot live with the pain and uti infections.  For me no other option at this point.  wish there was....
    • Posted

Right. The outer soreness and itchyness inside and out I have no choice myself, I landed in Dr office as I had no clue what was wrong. It was bad. Now I see I must do as told she said I would get better in a year or two. How so? Everyone on hear says its an ongoing issue. I'm frustrated
    • Posted

I use the coconut oil and wish it was enough, perhaps you could try it... it is helpful. 
    • Posted

Yes I use that but its not enough to control problem. And Vaseline is good I remember. But what a pain.
    • Posted

It totally is a pain.  took me 4 years to get a diagnosis
  • Posted

Hi Lee, I took Premarin for about a year, I went through menopause at the age of 36 after about eight years I started having vaginal dryness and severe burning , so my doctor put me a Premarin,a year later a got breast can and two years later breast cancer again both were stage one so a had radiation twice. After all that my dr. Told me to use vasoline and it has helped so far.
    • Posted

Guess if a person takes it have to have that annual mamogram.Sorry you went through so much.
    • Posted

Lee it was cream, I used it for about a year, my oncologist , said the cancer was  do to the estrogen . I have a three d mammogram  once a year. Thank you for your caring. As of now I am Cancer Free,but every mammogram I will always worry. This is a really tough decision to make. Good luck.
    • Posted

Can I ask do you have breast cancer in your family?were you on the premerin only the one year then taken off after first time with breast cancer or did doc keep you on it and you got it again?not trying to be nosey just seeing what others went through.Thanks.
    • Posted

I have not had any cancer and the history of it in women in my family is very limited. My dad's sister was the only one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.