Need some advice..

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just diagnosed by endoscopy with grade A oesophagitis.

Will meet up with my doctor in 2 weeks to review.

Anyone else have this?

My symptoms are lump in the throat/uncomfortable swallowing, chest pain and burning irritated throat.

Assuming my doctor will prescribe a ppi.

I just want these symptoms to go away sad

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Although I dont suffer with oesophagits I have gastritis and I believe the treatments are very much the same.  You will probably be prescribed a PPI such as omeprazole to control acid levels to allow your oesophagus to heal.  

Are there any liifestyle factors that could have contributed to your diagnosis such as alcohol or stress - obviously you will need to address these if you want to heal.  A bland diet should also be adopted with avoidance of citrus, acid foods, sugar, spices and any other food that you think maybe causing problems - eg. milk, wheat etc - what one person tolerates with the condition may not affect another wth the same condition so sometimes its a good idea to have a food diary to help identify any flare up patterns.  

Hope that you soon gain some relief from your symptoms.

• Posted

Hi I have been having these problems for a long time the chest pain being the worse I too have had the camera in the last couple of months I have chronic inflammation of the esophagus and stomach at the movement I really feel unwell I'm in constant pain between my breast bone I think it's called the sternum and between shoulder blades it all so hurts to touch I'm drinking bottles of anti acid today I'm picking up opromzamole as I have been taking lanzoprole on and off but it makes u pains worse it's a living hell i do smoke I also drink once a week I don't know what a bland diet is I also have pernisois anima and iron anima have to take iron every day with orange juice I just feel like I'm never going to get well
  • Posted

Dani I have the same issue. The Lump in my throat, the uncontrollable swallowing, chest pain, neck pain. I thought I got the neck pain because of my sleeping position but realized it's from the reflux. The swallowing is the worse issue for me. Everytime I eat I find myself swallowing. I have no heartburn, it's silent reflux. These meds aren't working for me at all.
  • Posted

I found slowly dissolving coconut oil very soothing. At night I have a glass of coconut water by the bed. Gets rid of the burning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.