Need some advice please??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Heyyy guys just wondering if anyone can help me?

I have been having problems with pelvic pain etc for a number of years now and the doctors are non the wiser!

I have been doing some research online and all my symptoms seem to relate to this and polycystic ovary syndrome.

I had blood tests done and they came back and suggested polycystic ovarys, However when i had a pelvic ultrasound there were no cysts!

so if anyone has this what kind of symptoms do you have? ino online says pelvic pain etc but is it really bad like i have?

Any advice id be gratefull smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Alot of the time endrometriosis is diagnoised by a surgical procedure called a laproscopy
  • Posted

Hello my dear, you sound just like me suffered for over four years now and I didst rest until I found out what was causing me all that debilitating excruciatingly painful cramps I had a Diagnostic Laperoscopy for Endometriosis yesterday been home for almost 24 hours now recovering and taking pain meds doctor found and treated all spots of endometriosis growth/adhesions I have four incisions spent four hours in recovery after the procedure it was a very smooth and successful surgery and was blessed with a great team yesterday

I was always suffering some kind of pain, I vomit, I'm insomniac, I feel exhausted, frustrated, migraines, body aches and the week before my period and 2-3 days of my period are a bloody living nightmare

I've been to the ER both by car and ambulance numerous times and I get strong narcotics, anti-inflammatory meds thru IV and ultrasounds, urine test. X-rays and bloodtests have always came out perfectly normal and healthy I've seen three gynecologist each one put me on several kinds of contraceptive pills yet my symptoms always worsen with them and I've beer told by a lot of doctors that my pain was simply because I had a "bad period" or it was a result of stress- bs!!

I am not stressed/ depressed nor was I imagining and most recent visit to the hospital which was the 17 July was it for me I had to go because I kept vomiting the pain meds that I had prescribed for me (morphine and oxycodone) plus all the other symptoms I was having I have so much pain to the point where I am bed bound unable to sit or walk and having to drag myself on the floor just to get to the bathroom

I've had it I was fed up and regardless of all thestrong meds thru IV and muscle relaxants and anti-nausea and anti-inflammatory meds my pain persisted

the gynecologist on call that day suggested I consider a Diagnostic Laperoscopy and I agreed right away did the paper work came back home after my pain was controlled with a narcotic twice strong compared to morphine

So I went back to the hospital yesterday where I had a successful and smooth Diagnostic Laperoscopy yesterday I've been home for roughly 23 hours not quite 24 yet, duration of procedure was one hour and 20 ish minutes I have four incisions, it was done under general anesthesia and spent four hours in the recovery room afterwards due to pain and low blood pressure which were controlled and bareable by the time I left the hospital and my bloodpressure was slightlyon the low side due to the strong pain meds which was normal as well. I was told to go to the ER anytime I felt the need for any medical attention but so far so good I'm in bed recovering and I'm due for a follow up with the gynecologist that performed the Laperoscopy in about 4 weeks or so I'll be getting few pictures she took during the surgery but most importantly we'll discuss the right and most effective treatment for me.

I suggest you don't stop or give up until you have answers and find out exactly what is it that is causing you Pain and then start your healing journey and trust your gut feeling and yourself no one will ever know what you feel you know what is best for you find the right doctor to help you and I only wish you the best of luck and I hope you'll start to feel better very soon! Keep me updated on how you're doing and feel free to msg me anytime

Kind regards, @):-

Nina

• Posted

hey hun, Thankyou for your message! I have been to the doctors a few times seem to get nowhere! I am sat here in agony now its so painfull to the point it is affecting me everyday! I have been off work all week! The most terrible pelvic pain and then it is in my sides like near my ovarys.

I am gonna ask the doctor on monday to test me for endo,

I get so exhausted constantly and suffer really bad health anxiety too, this doesnt help one bit!

Hopefully you will now have closure if your laproscopy comes back and they will be able to do something for you, fingers crossed! Ill keep you updated how i get on!

stacey x

• Posted

Hi stacey you do right if your in so much pain then the doctors need to be carrying out investigations sometimes the can see endo via an internal scan other times they need to carry out a diagnoistic laproscopy. I was the same in so much pain i was having to take tramadol a hot water bottle sometimes helps although doesnt relieve fully or a warm bath. People dont seem to understand the extent of how painful it is until they have experienced endo pain. I really hope you get some answers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.