Need some advice please xx

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all hope every body is battling thru xx

Need some advice please...as some of you know I got made to stop the Valium (cold turkey)three weeks ago...in hell was an understatement!i was also taking zopiclone for 3 an half years!i found a doctor on Monday who's going to work with me on this ????.they have reinstated the diazpam at 8ml an have ditched the zopiclone (two nights zopiclone free).

Thing is I was meant to start 8ml Monday then 2 weeks take that.but on the Monday I messed up an only took 4ml...so will this affect the plan?was only one day (well the first of the plan)but will that one day mess it all up)8ml taken yesterday tho.any advice would be great thank you Xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paula, I'm afraid there is no easy way off tgem, I was on Zimovane for over 15 years, I had to keep reducing my dosage each night by cutting the tablets in half and then only every other night, I am now free of them and have been for over a year and I can tell you that the hell you are experiencing is worth it, keep focused and determined and the pain is worth it, I still have problems sleeping but the sleep I get not being in them is better and I don't have the horrible side effects any more, good luck with your journey, it will be worth it I promise.

David

• Posted

Hi David what a success story yours is...well done an what an inspiration you are!!really nice to hear a story with a great end to it.i was literally out of mind for 3 weeks,I prayed I did what I had to do...it was barberic an I couldnt take it any longer.i had to reinstate the diazpam either that I would of ended up in a ward!so now me an my doctor are going to do a 10% reduction every fortnight.Am determined to fight tooth an nail to beat this addiction!!i was just wondering if had messed up by altering the first night...have come off Paxil,zopiclone an finally diazpam...very powerful drugs,what ordinary people like our selfs get prescribed we go in blind.but the way I see it,you sure come out the other side with your eyes wide open an I do believe so much mentally an emotionaly stronger than before!i have a way to go but in the mean time I need to get on my feet again an fight this.no way am letting some pills destroy everything have worked for....baby steps all the way!

Paula

• Posted

No, it won't affect the plan, Paula. Just take what you're supposed to be taking for the fortnight and forget the odd slip-up. I've had loads but my tapering contines........downwards.

love Tess

• Posted

Brill thanks tess....plan is 8ml 2 weeks then 1ml every 2 weeks there after...cannot believe the difference in me from reinstating thank you so so much for the push!very very slow is key an boy did I learn that the hard way!hows you doing still doing ok?Xx
    • Posted

1ml drop that is not higher!!Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.