Need some support after miscarriage

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went for my 12 week scan last week and was told there was no heartbeat, since then I have miscarried and although I cried the day of the scan I have not properly cried since I just keep feeling a sense of doom like my heart racing or thoughts of something bad is going to happen to me ie pass out or I keep getting the urge to go to hospital to check me over. It doesn't help that I have tinnitus again which I had in my first pregnancy which was really bad and lasted after the birth but it eventually calmed down for 2 years where I could not hear it. I keep thinking I have something wrong with my heart although I have had all the cardiology tests. In the pregnancy I had some palpitations and since the miscarriage I have had weird chest feelings while asleep like I woke last night thinking is my heart to slow and also my partner said the day I went for the scan well on that night I woke up and jolted forward gasping and looked around then I went back to sleep. Does this sound like anxiety? I've had something similar before when I felt really anxious everytime I would drift off I would wake gasping for air. I have just woke from a nap and before that I was aware of my heart beating which has since calmed down I just feel like I could cry because inside I feel scared and I dont know why. Thanks for any replies in advance.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am very sorry for your loss,I think you should go for a check up and have blood test to check for annemia this could be cause of palpatations .
    • Posted

I only had bloods done about 2 weeks ago which included anemia and was all normal. Its not like daily I get them I just noticed them more so since being pregnant but I did see the gp about it who wasn't concerned and said to relax more.
  • Posted

Try having a massage to relax,you deserve a treat .
  • Posted

I have anxiety and very bad palputations come with it. I have gone to the ER sure I was having a heart attack!  I do a lot of deep breathing and there are a lot of really good apps out there that have helped me a lot.  I have woke in the middle of the night like that as well.  What you are going through is very tramatic and you need some time and help working through it.  I did not work through some things from my past and now it is harder to get over. Good luck and I am sorry for your loss!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.