Need to try and help myself as I feel rough !!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm normally fit, well and love my cycling gym etc.

I was put on HRT 18 mths ago Evorel Sequi. Mentally I feel ok being on the patches,I've not got much get up and go at the minute but that's because I've had flu over Christmas and new year. Since being on the patches my physical health seems to be suffering and I'm unsure if it's because of the HRT or if these minor but troublesome things would have occurred anyway ?? 

One of my questions I need to be clear on is if anyone knows when during your HRT cycle are you supposed to have a period as one min I've got 2 patches to go before the end of a pack or I have a period start into the next new cycle pack ? So I'm now confused. Plus I have been on my period in Sept for 19 days then it's been 5 then 7. I have a fibroid and wonder if it's all todo with that?

I really want to get my health sorted and would love to see my Gp about a few things as I believe there interlinked but as we know you can only see your Gp about one thing at a time. As there not urgent problems I feel something of a nuisance 

would appreciate your help Thankyou 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm going to the doctors tomorrow and I'm going about several things and they don't mind I've been on patches for two months I don't have periods and I get on with them I change my patch twice a week on the same days every week

• Posted

Hi. I would check if your prolonged bleeding is causing your iron levels to be low. My fibroids cause me heavy bleeding and low iron. This would make you feel tired and achy. And can cause hair loss, breathlessness. I don't know about your patches and when to expect a period sorry, does it explain what to expect on the instruction leaflet?

Book a double appointment at the doctors if you have a lot to discuss, that's what our surgery suggests.

• Posted

Hi deb50, I have been on Evorel Conti for 4 mths now, and i have had break through bleeding on a regular basis. I am having periods every 2 wks. I also have had a very bad bout of flu which started on New yrs day and I still feel unwell now. But I don't believe the patches are causing me to feel unwell, as quite a few people in work have had the same flu symptoms.

I am concerned however about the bleeding as i feel like its constant and I'm sure its depleting my iron levels. Like you I also have fibroids and will talk to my doctor to find out if this is causing the frequency of my periods.

I sympathise with you and i do hope your doctor can give you answers. If I am going to be bleeding like this long term I think I will come off of HRT and put up with the hot flushes. Life... 'you lose one problem and gain another'.

On a positive note keep up the gym, its the one thing that keeps me going!

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.