nerve pain below rash?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Help please! Had shingles July 22 now I'm having nerve pain where the blisters were and ALSO 3 to 4 inches below the original rash. is it possible to have nerve pain where there was no rash? the new nerve pain has lasted about a month. it's intermittent. I've had ct to chk 4 other things as its on lower right abdomen right below Original breakout. so worried!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes you will have nerve pain I take lyrica 150mg and if bad 300mg and it helps a lot I hope you feel better soon
  • Posted

My pain first started behind my right shoulder blade, where my rash showed up, but it began radiating to my shoulder and neck which lasted about 4 mo.
    • Posted

Yes my last about the same then it came back again and it was worst the second time but now I go swimming four days and cyling two days and that has helped a whole lot I don't see many attacks

• Posted

Sherrie,

First,

I am sorry for the pain you have and had. Did your physician start you on antivirals immediately for the new pain?

You may have Zoster Sine Herpete or shingles without the rash. Many physicians are abysmally ignorant of this condition and fail to treat it.

As there are other conditions in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen, the pain needs to be worked up and the conditions ruled out. The pain of Herpes Zoster-Shingles is like no other, as you and I are unfortunately aware.

May I ask your age and if you have any conditions that would predispose you to having Herpes Zoster-Shingles? (Immunocompromised such as SLE, ITP, Psoriasis, Rheumatoid arthritis on corticosteroids or cancer, or suffered recent trauma)

I have recurring Herpes Zoster-Shingles in my right ear every three to five weeks for the past twenty years and twice in my right eye.

I am a Nurse Practitioner in the States.

Best wishes

Merry Juliana

• Posted

I am 52. I've had ct scans of the abdominal area. the only thing they found was a little fluid around appendix during the breakout. they said probably due to body fighting infection. I don't have any health issues. my lower right quadrant started hurting a few weeks after shingles cleared up about 4 inches above under breast and above belly button.

• Posted

I'm trying to figure out if the pain I'm feeling in my right side is from shingles I had in July. I have nerve pain where the rash was but I also have pain 4 or 5 inches away from the path of the rash. Dr's tell me it's not possible to have the nerve pain beyond the rash. it's a gnawing sometimes stabbing intermittent pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.