nerve pain beyond where u had rash?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had rash in July on upper right quadrant of abdomen. I still have nerve pain and nerve pain beyond rash site. is that possible?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sherrie. I think the pain follows the length of the affected nerve, it did with me. My rash was on right shoulder, upper arm but a week later it appeared on base of thumb and wrist, same side, same nerve. If you can find a graph of body nerves it will help you see the path of the nerve which affects you. The dermatones where nerve endings are, are in the spine. I'm not an expert but I'm sure others will come on and speak to you soon. Best wishes, Pollyanna UK rolleyes

• Posted

ohhhh! thank you! Dr told me pain will not go beyond the rash site. but I have since learned that it can.
  • Posted

HI , be sure to take anti virals as soon as you feel it tingle or itching.

mine has jumped from one side of my back to the other as well as the extreme itching. Also helps to shave the immunizations injection even though you already have shingles.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.