Nerve pain from Herpers ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does any experice nerve pain from Herpers , or can tell me about your experience with it if so ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed with shingles 8 weeks ago, on my forehead, head and my right eye, I was in terrible pain even before the rash, and now I am still getting nerve pain and I have the neuralgia due to having the shingles in my head,The area by my temple and my eyelid also gets really itchy, including  my head, it drives me mad as it's so hard not to scratch it but then it just doesn't stop! The only thing that seems to soothe it is calamine lotion but Drs don't seem to give any advice about this and there is no telling how long it will last which can be quite depressing, I take co dydramol for pain, but have stopped the pregabilin as I think it is giving me the side effect of occasional double vision, although I had the all clear at my latest appointment at the eye clinic! I take one amytriptyline at night and it does help me to sleep ok
    • Posted

Oh Jane I am so sorry I remember my sister in law when she had it and I remember it was a long time before she was right. Can't offer any help sorry mine was so long ago I can't remember much except I got to Dr in time. Get well soon
  • Posted

Do you mean herpes?

I was many years younger lol when I had shingles and luckily my mother knew what it was and was caught in time. My sister in law suffered terrible with it in her hair and face and even now she has a bit of pain.

It was terrible isympathise if you have it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.