Neurological appointment this afternoon.

Posted , 4 users are following.

So the day is finally here for me... Nervous as what to expect, I have woken with pretty bad symptoms today my legs feel like they are in tight stockings the pressure is giving me pain down my legs. My neck is fizzing, crunching and popping sending like tickling feelings down my back into my arms. But my hands are not as bad today, I seem to have to band around my bra strap sucking the life out of my chest... I really am feeling it today, could be the stress of the appointment but I feel irratic with symptoms? I am hoping because I don't have eye problems other than sensitive to light and itchy eyes, I don't get sent away with nothing. There has to be something wrong but what?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Best of luck to you today.  Not sure what test you have had performed.  I have very similar symptoms except no band around my chest.  I have passed A TON of test (thankfully) and am told it is not MS.  I have my doubts though.  Ive had these symptoms 5 months and the onset was sudden.  Symptoms elevate during menstruation (Im 53 years old) and while Im somewhat 'used' to the numbness and tingling,  now my joints (mainly knees and ankles) hurt so bad its difficult to stand even 5 minutes or go up and downs stairs.  Some days are better than others.  I am totally chasing this as no one in the medical profession seems to know whats going on.  I have excellent health care with Duke and Wake Med in Raleigh NC but they are all just scratching their heads.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.