neuropathic pain and itch

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi im new on here but defo not new to pain i have had neurology problems for a long time and also have chronic pain im wanting to post something that may help other people with the itch thats drove me in sane fr a lng time and nly ice packs has been able to give me any relive .But resently i put a wet bandage in my freezer and when the itch came on i got it out and bandaged my arm with it and wow it helps .So i hope it will help for anyone else with the problem

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, this is a very kind gesture. Thanks for being so thoughtful! 💐

• Posted

What a boss idea I'll try that later on my foot. Had severe nerve pain for 3 years after a few botched ops at wrightington and broad green hospitals in liverpool. Any tips for pain relief are greatly appreciated. Thank you and good luck with your recovery. Wayne.

• Posted

just noted youve mentioned botched ops at wrightington and broadgreen hospitals i hope you dont mind but what ops have you had ? ive just been reffered to wrightington rheumatology and i go to infectious diseases at broad green.
    • Posted

Hi vicky, I had a total ankle replacement at wrightington back in Nov 2014, (because the surgeon at broadgreen hospital did not do a good enough job on removing damaged cartleage and loose bone floating around my foot)after 9 months of physio I was still on extreme pain, then the surgeon discovered that the implant he had fitted was broken and had been since it was put in.I then had to have the same op again to replace the broken implant at wrightington causing more nerve damage.

After another 12 months he decided to do a tendon decompression surgery on the same ankle to try and get my foot moving more freely, but it didn't make a blind bit of difference and just caused even more nerve damage. So for 3 years now I've been on morphine to try and ease the pain(God knows what it's doing to my insides ) my only option left is to have spinal cord stimulation surgery at the Walton centre in liverpool, I have refused to have anymore surgery at wrightington and am now under aintree hospital with a much better surgeon. before you have any procedure done research your surgeon first and good luck.if you need to you can Private message me on here. All the best vicky. Wayne.

• Posted

Thank you for your great idea, anything that will help is always very

much appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.