Neuropathy Pain in my feet and toes

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'vehad 7 backsurgeries from 1994 to 2003! The 7th surgery was a success and I have no more back pain! In 2014, I started having Neuropathy pain in my feet and toes due from the scar tissue in the incision in my lower back! Doctor's told me they can't take out the scar tissue so I'm taking 900 mg of Neurotin 3 times a day and sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't! Is there anyone that has this condition?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Haven't had back surgery, nor am I diabetic, but I suffer with neuropathy in my feet and toes.  I am on 3200mg of Gabapentin daily.  Some days it works better than others.  Guess that's just how meds work.

• Posted

I suffer Nuropathic pain, due to scar tissue from having several operations on my knee. I take Gaberpentin which is the only drug that as helped me. 
  • Posted

Hi I have neuropathy in my feet and toes most of the time my feet are numb at first it just started in my right foot . Then my left foot began doing the same thing I had 2 hip replacements my right hip dislocated 3 times then the fun began with my feet and toes , I was just diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes last year but I was Diagnoised with the peri pal neuropathy in 2012 and it seems like it has gotten worse I take 900 mg galapetin 3 times a day sometime it works and mostly now it does nothing but knock me out and I also have to take pain meds to help with my chronic pain . I have fibromyalgia and lower back pain recently had a spinal stimulator put in it helps some plus both my knees are blown almost bone on bone some days I feel hope can a person live like this I don't want to feel sorry for me it is what it is and will the help of having faith in God has helped me get through a lot of it but to get people to understand that I can't be pushed to do to much because It will cause more pain and harder to fight I just wish there were more than can be done with the neuropathy it's hard to put on slip on shoes and walk without falling because I can't feel my feet most of the time and I can't feel my shoe fall off my feet so I have to look down and make sure my shoes are still on . So I am not loving life right now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.