Neurosarcoidosis Please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had 3 strokes, surgeries on both my hips because the meds the Dr's threw at me is now killing my bones.

I was diagnosed with sarcoids after 3 years of me running to the Dr and ended up on all sorts of depression meds because they basically told me I was crazy.

My first stroke landed me at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN

There I was diagnosed with Neurosarcoidosis, a PFO ( hole in my heart) and Factor V Leiden (a cloding issue)

I had another stroke during an angiogram procedure. 1 in a 1000 chances they had said. I had one on their table. I most definitely got everyone all excited for a while.

They gave me a higher dose of prednisone until I simply could not handle the side affects. Then we tapered, and started methotrexate. But not fast enough because mixing prednisone and with Factor V can kill bones. And that is excatly what happened.

I'm very upset!! These Dr's knew it could happen.

I can bounce back from side affects from methotrexate but I can't bounce back from my bones dying.

I had surgery on both hips about 4 weeks ago.

I stopped taking almost ALL medications because I had another stroke 2 month ago. Their meds are not helping.

I went to the hospital the day of my last stroke and they told me that I have the flu and I should go home and drink water.

I was very dizzy and throwing up.

My nerves in my back along my spine are fried. My legs don't sweat because of it.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This sound alwful...and seems to be a common prob that doctors ect are not doing or know enough...lots of people seem to be in the same boat...very frustrating disease and def helps to join support groups ect...ive only been diagnosed so far with lung but am trying to get as much info as possible..hope there is a solution for you.

Janie😊

• Posted

Thank you for reading. I have a hard time sleeping. I would love to join groups to help each other.
    • Posted

Its so helpful but have to admit a little bit daunting finding out more about this disease..im trying to get a decent neuro who specializes in sarc as im pretty sure my brain is affected.

6 yrs of being told your depressed ect and being treated like a hypochondriac takes it toll as well and i cant believe how little is known about it but when i was told it was in my lungs i must admit id never heard of it..anyway hopefully you looked me up and can give u info on the groups cause you are def not alone😊

• Posted

I did look you up. I think I send you a friends request. I do have a pretty good neruologist. I was taken very serious when I had my first stroke.

What symptoms are you having in your head?

• Posted

This sound alwful...and seems to be a common prob that doctors ect are not doing or know enough...lots of people seem to be in the same boat...very frustrating disease and def helps to join support groups ect...ive only been diagnosed so far with lung but am trying to get as much info as possible..hope there is a solution for you.

Janie😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.