Neverending Fatigue

Posted , 12 users are following.

Just wondering what people are taking/doing for fatigue?

Absolutely wrecked tired all the time regardless of how much sleep I get!

No energy, have to push myself all the time!

Thanks.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I feel the same way! I am hoping you get some helpful replies. I need some energy too! Not much help except to know that you are not alone!
    • Posted

Thanks Janis,

Looking forward to getting some suggestions as to how to alleviate the tiredness wink

• Posted

Hi me too!   I also get pain and no swelling and bloods show low disease activity, do you get same level of fatigue without flare? 
    • Posted

Hi Caz,

I'm afraid my fatigue level is the same all the time unfortunately.My bloods are all normal except for Rh factor and ANA, never have raised ESR, CRP etc. Only very occasionally have swelling. Often wonder what I did to deserve this!

• Posted

Hi do u take medication for your RA I wondered what people were taking in general x
  • Posted

Try Vitamin D3. I had severe fatigue that lasted all day. I could barely make it to the kitchen and back to my chair. The doc checked my blood and said I was on the low end of D3 and to try 1000 IU a day. Within 24 hours I noticed a big difference. I had energy and thought clearly. Since then I have graduated to 5000IU a day and have not had that kind of fatigue since. Just use over the counter D3.
    • Posted

Hi river22,

Am already taking 400iu Vit D daily along with many other supplements. Got my levels checked at recent clinic visit, they're within normal limits.

Am contemplating Ashwagandha. Any thoughts on this?

• Posted

Hey I'd give it a try. I see on here that some supplements work well for people and some it doesn't. Go for it smile

• Posted

You never know until you try. Some people on this forum swear by turmeric so I tried it. Nothing. I've tried several herbs and oils but none of them really worked for me

• Posted

Hi again, just to say I tried turmeric, reslly scared not to try anything that might help with the fatigue! No change for me either but there was a programme about it on TV in the uk and it apparently needs to be cooked to have the anti inflammatory properties released! So.... if yiu dont mind the taste , which I find a bit overpowering! Put it in your food, fry it, or heat it up, the tests were pretty convincing! I think the programme was "trust me I'm a doctor" oDr, Michael Mosely hosts it I think.

• Posted

I normally do a good dose of Vit D daily, about 2000 iu. (Ran out last week and about to refill) I am about to try tumeric. I heard good things about it. If its natural, I'll usually give it a shot. Not expecting miracles but I'll try anyway.

• Posted

Hi Collette, certainly seems like Vit D and turmeric in particular are indeed the way to go. I'm going to check at my next clinic visit and hopefully go ahead with an increased dose of Vit D. Already taking turmeric and I think it probably is helping.

• Posted

Hi ,river has it right.I am usually low on my vit d and I was put on vit d3

I asked what the difference in d2 and d3 was and was told that d3 gets

in your system faster.I would have your levels checked to see where you are.

• Posted

Hi do u take medication for your RA I wondered what people were taking in general x
    • Posted

Yes Emily, I take a lot of meds.

Simponi, MTX, Sulphasalazine, Plaquenil along with many supplements (Glucosamine, Fish Oil, Biotin (for hair loss), Vit D, Calcium and Magnesium. Also Paracetamol and Ibuprofen for pain! Am 56, diagnosed in 2010 but probably have had this for many years without being diagnosed.

Have to say overall I feel a thousand times better since being diagnosed and starting on treatment despite all my ranting!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.