Nevreo Hp10

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone had the Nevro HP10? I have severe Peripherial Neurapathy for close to 15 years. In the past 7years I went from walking with a cane to using a walker in the house and a wheelchair when we go out.

Someone said that the doctors hold you hostage because of the drugs they prescribe. Personally I think it's insurance that kills me. The only Rx that helps my pain is Oxycodone. Now the insurance is telling the doctors that they will on pay for a small amount and a much less strong oxy.

If the spinal cord stimulator provides any relief I'm all for it. I hate (that's a strong word for me) taking Oxycodone. I'm constipated half the month and have diarrhea the other half to keep things moving.

My neurologist wants to try the Nevro HP10. My understanding is that it will only help my legs and not my arms and hands.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Frank

I had mine implanted  7-8 weeks ago  it's on the lowest it as helped me

my pain is isolated right shoulder and neck,

I still get pain everyone, dont know why

Never been on oxy  they gave me the Fentaynl Patch which is losing

its effectiveness. 

Now my insurance company wants my dr to reduce the patch which he did

75-50mg.

If your in that much pain  and there is nothing else try it, they have a trial

period depending on the dr 5days to coouple of weeks

Best of  luck

Paul

• Posted

Frank

I have a failed fusion 20 years ago they put in 2015 ever since I had gotten mine in I've been having pain since day one noone listens at my Drs office so I finally couldn't take the pain explain to dr what was happening and we set up an appt for neck injections no lie what ever was causing that pain exploded in my back like I was getting electrocuted, call Drs office after hours got a aprn who told me there was nothing she could do but if pain gets worse go to er well lost feeling in my face and can hardly move around no already have no feeling in my left leg and my right one gets me around so now I'm doubled screwed and no appt yet til the 14th barely sleeping if u call it that so much pain I just want this out of me cause what is happening is the leads are pushing on my nerves and it's no joke, also the dr keeps saying no well it's my body and my livelihood I should be the one to decide on what's in my body also he screwed up with battery placement the 1st time around and it's now in my abdomen feeling like Frankenstein with all my body scars so please research every product out there and make sure you go to the physic exam. I think if I did I wouldn't of done it

Take care and feel better

Cynthia ( Cindy)

• Posted

I had a Lamenctomy a little over 5 years ago, unfortunately the neurosurgeon really ruined my back. The second neurosurgeon said that "debri" was left behind. I had a fusion of L4 L5, a year later I ruptured another disc and had a fusion of L3 L4. I started to get better and I managed on 1 or 2 hydrocodone a day. In the past couple of months my back started hurting again. I am mostly bed bound using a quad cane or walker. I saw an Orthopedic Dr. a couple days ago and he told me that it would be very dangerous to have another surgery. He suggested that I have the shots again and physical therapy again. I am going to a neurosurgeon tomorrow and I suspect that he will tell me the same thing.

My pain Dr wants me to do the trial of the Nevro HF10. Right now I am on high doses of hydrocodone and Fentanyl patch and nothing is working. I would also be interested in what others have to say. I hope that you get some relief.

• Posted

Dianne,

Be careful I did it the Nevro and I'm living a nightmare, but everyone is different but I'm a failed fusion and pain is unbearable plus dr screwed me up with that thing had to have battery moved I'm a complete mess do your research pls

Best of luck

Cynthia ( Cindy)

• Posted

I am so sorry Cynthia, my fusions have never been an issue. I do have failed back syndrome from my first surgery and a Dr who damaged my back. It seems that I all I do right now is to read up on the different treatments. Cindy how long ago did you have the Nevro put in?

Dianne

• Posted

Dianneg,

Almost 2 years now, but the 2nd dr was to late nerve damage in my left leg already done he really tried hard to fix it to no avail. Unfortunately I was 1 and 1000 of his patients to be this bad.

Cynthia ( Cindy)

• Posted

Do you mean a neurostimulation device? One of the things that scares me the most about opioids is constipation as I find it difficult enough to poo as it is because when I push (sorry to be graphic!) I can feel pain in my back :-(
    • Posted

It. Is a high speed spinal stimulator that relieves the pain of anything below the wires. As far as the"poo" , I have the difficultly from the narcotics also. I take a capful of Miralax each morning in my cup of coffee, that seems to keep me regular. I hope that answered your question.

• Posted

My dr gave me movantik for the poo doesnt always work maybe i'll try

the miralax  but can you live on that?

• Posted

I'm not sure what you mean if I can live on Miralax? It isn't a food, it is just something that you put in your coffee or tea. If I am troubled by the constipation I use a capful. I hope that helps you.

• Posted

Paul

That stuff gave me the worse stomach cramps and diarrhea omg no lie I felt like I was going to die it was so horrific, but I thought it was over and nope on the John for hours crying it was so bad and than it was like I went to the bathroom normal than it was like water I was getting nervous thinking I have a blockage cause noone should have to go through that

Omg lol

Cynthia ( Cindy)

• Posted

I've had the Nevro for about 4 months after unsuccessful back surgery. I did the trial before the permanent was placed. The trial cut my pain about 50-70%. The permanent one hasn't been  as successful.  I adjust it about ever 4 days with direction from the Nevro Rep. A few days ago he had me totally turn it off so we could get a better idea of what good it was doing. It's difficult to gage how much pain you are having sometimes. You just know you have pain. The best guess I could come up with was it was decreasing my pain about 10-20%. We are back to adjusting again every 3-4 days. The Rep is confident he can get back to the spot where the trial was helping.   I'm on a high dose of Hydrocondin but keep it at twice a day. It just takes a very small amount of the edge off the pain.  My theory is what else are you going to do?  It's human nature to hold out hope.  I should add that I had the Nevro placed at Mayo Clinic. Good luck!  Marie

• Posted

Marie

At this point I just done I want it out my is off and is on my nerves so I feel like I was 20 years ago. Gave them almost 2 years to try n fix and listen to me now I'm done get it out before I'm paralyzed and in a wheelchair.

It so sad when they don't listen to. Patient

Cynthia (Cindy)

• Posted

The Nervo 10 is brand new, at least in the US.  My pain dr says he has had great success with 90% of his patients.  A psychological visit is required for everyone prior to them inserting it.  There's a 2 week trial done to see what kind of relief you will get before it's permanently inserted.  The Nervo 10 must be charged daily for about 20 minutes. I've read many complaints about the battery burning people's skin but as far as I know, that only happens on other, older devices.  When doing my own research I discovered that most people who were commenting all had older, different, devices -- not the Nervo 10, because this one's brand new --so be sure to watch out for that. I was just about to try this until my surgeon said I needed another surgery instead.  Hope this helps!  

• Posted

Dog lover,

I have the Nevro hf-10 it's been a nightmare for me since 2015 when I healed up but mind you was only on a trial for 5 days n 3 days the wires kept falling out so couldn't get a good read on the trial, so they decided to go ahead but they didn't give me the physic evaluation and hid it which I think if I had that exam I would of not gone through with the permanent one. I feel so mislead and lied to for many years now. Had battery issues pushing out of my back was in bed for 3 months they couldn't get it right finally had a revision surgery after complaining for a year. Just had it put in abdomen end of April/,may. And it was horrifying all over again than one rep turned it on for sensation and it was the worse feeling I ever felt so after 2 days of trying to bare through the pain n after effects when off I turned the stimulator off, my muscles that didn't hurt now hurt, and the spot from day one where the leads are was killing me from day one, so I couldn't take the pain nomore I went on 10/27 for a steroid injection into my neck for the pain came out thinking I was paralyzed couldn't feel nothing neck to feet, went home slept and by Monday I was having jolting pain down my back to legs like I was getting electrocuted, called rep and Drs office after hours spoke to an aprn who was snotty and wouldn't let me finish my issues and told me there was nothing she could do for me if it's that bad go to er, and sit for how many hours with that kind of pain? And call the office in the am mind u I hadn't slept since that injection that's how much pain I was in plus my right side of face is numb from forehead to bottom lip cheek and chin....so I'm in awe no return phone call from Drs office after I made another call to them, I feel like a walking zombie, I'm hoping i get answers before I end up paralyzed or in a wheelchair for the rest of my life, so from my experience I just want this out its not working for me my body my decision just wanted it out now. Gave them 2 years of my life and with no success, want to end but why give them the satisfaction? I need to be the voice for each and every one who ends up like me with no answers and scared of losing my good leg, left leg is already damaged from 1st dr 20 years ago I've been dealing with this since I was 25 now 45 and I feel like I went back 20 years and it scares me...

Good luck to all as everyone is different and Drs too, my dr just doesn't listen to what I have been saying since that 1st surgery.

Good luck think positive do your research on whats best for you. And remember they work for you not the other way around, it's your body your choice. I want to go back two years ago and walked out after finding out you are supposed to have a phycic exam I think honestly I wouldn't of done it, don't know how they did it,. But they hid that fact.

Best of luck to everyone stay positive and don't give up not worth it

Cynthia (Cindy)

• Posted

The amount of time, I think, you spend on charging the Nevro depends on what setting you have it on.   The Rep is still attempting to find the location  that was successful with the test so every time we adjust it the time it takes to recharge it differs. Sometimes it's 30 minutes and has been as high as 50 minutes. There are innumerable setting. Your back is a large and complex area.  I just sit down and watch TV or read a book. Mayo Clinic thinks very highly of this device. As far as an additional surgery I would get another opinion. Good luck! Marie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.