New diagnosis

Posted , 6 users are following.

47 years old fit and healthy

No symptoms

PSA 17+ (discovered on MOT so to speak!)

T3

Awaiting Gleason score

Thought's on what comes next??

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Diagnosed with PC August 2013.

Gleeson 7

PSA 6

Staging T3b

Given option of surgery or RT, went with RT and Hormone treatment (Zoladex every 3 months).

Had 37 RT sessions early 2014

PSA negligable since.

Zoladex to stop next month.

Seeing Oncologist April 2016 for annual checkup.

• Posted

Hi Ladyfingers,

gleeson 7 a little ambivalent. 3+4 or 4+3 makes a bit of difference. I was 4+4=8 so definitly aggressive/high risk. That makes a difference in treatment details.

I was suspected T3 but no evidence from MRI scan. RT was over a wide margin. My HT is for three years all being well. My Gleason was 18 before treatment and 0.02 six months after. 

I hope that helps. Keep a cool head at this stage as the major choice is yours. The doctors add the fine details. You may wish to press them on the details. There are reports showing that HT when used cocurrently with RT and for a while after make a difference. I have also found that some HT can suit better than others. Might be worth exploring that if the HT. is bothersome.

wishing you a good outcome

• Posted

Hi Just a guess my hubby had PSA 10 April this year,then his next step was a biopsy.  Good luck
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry, should have been clearer. Targeted biopsies done yesterday, so waiting for plan(s) of action now.

• Posted

Hi

5.8 3+3 =6 I had it removed psa 0 for 9 months go every 3 for flollow up

I can only say that I am happy I had the op because the pathology after removal showrd a little more than the run up biopsy. !

I had nerve sparing I am 90% dry a few drips now and then. So think about it and remember if the Ht rt & other treatments fail ots to laye for the op.. look up on Google thr Geofry Archer story (daily mail) it gives why he chose surgery over other treatments & the incontinence gets better if you work at it. Better wet than the alternative good look be wise and don't listen to to much crap.

I wish yu well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.