New diagnosis of Fibromyalgia

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have under active thyroid and another autoimmune condition affecting my skin.  In march this year I suffered breathing difficulties and eventually learned I had pulmonary embolisms in my lung.  Since then I've had unexplained extreme pain, sleep issues, hot flushes and low mood.

recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

i have started taking  at night but am still only taking cocodamol and  diclofenic for pain which hardly touch it.

any recommendations

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Should say taking Amitriptyline at night
  • Posted

I'm taking co codamol, naproxen, gabbapentin, voltarol gel and amitriptyline but only just takes the edge of the pain, waiting for an appointment for the pain management clinic at the hospital, there is such a variation of symptoms with fibro, at the moment I'm getting hot and cold fever like symptoms but haven't got a fever, extreme pain in muscles and joints and tiredness but unfortunately you just have to go with it xx

• Posted

Welcome to the Fibro Folk Club - the group nobody wants to join!

Personally I don't take medication - couldn't stand the side effects, so use various other things to help, diet (no processed foods), hynotherapy, supplements, dead sea salt baths, gentle exercise. All helped until this week when after a very stressful few months I crashed into a flare but then that's Fibro.  I refer to it as the sprite on my shoulder, who should I overdo things, comes alive and puts me back where fibro wants me. The biggest help I found was learning to say "no". True friends will understand if you can't manage that night out or need to cancel things at the last minute Don't be bullied into doing things that will make fibro worse.  Low mood - hardly surprising when you first get the diagnosis. Chin up and when things get tough there are always people to listen and offer a virtual "hug".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.