New Here

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello I live on the south coast of England and had a stroke 5 weeks ago. I am looking for friends who understand what it is like

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there Anne not sure if you are on facebook at all but there are a few groups stroke talk for facebook and different strokes for people of a younger age that have had strokes i love these groups everybody is in the same boat and all so friendly you can add me on facebook too if you like and just want to chat or get stuff off your chest it can seem like a lonley old road after suffering a stroke my lovely im Tania Clayton on facebook please feel free to add me xxxx
  • Posted

anne here again I have to tried to contact fraggles but NO LUCK.  I amnot sure what to do  I noted you what said about Fcebook and thanks for the info.
    • Posted

hi anne what is your facebook name?? i can add you if you like so you can message etc., and i can then add you too the different stroke groups available so you can chat to lots of people america and like us in the uk its well worth joing x
    • Posted

sorry got mixed up and typing with one finger as lost use of one handI got confused how to reply.  My name is anne Knight on Facebook I am in a blue top sitting on a bench in my profiLE PHOTO>  Be warned there are manypeople with same name. interesting about stroke community.  Thank you for replying to me

Emis Moderator comment: If users wish to exchange exact contact details like email or Facebook links you can use use the Private Message service to pass these on.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hello Anne,

Excuse me asking, but, how old are you?  Someone else asks about Young Facebook contributors. Not sure what age has to do with having a stroke! Anyone, of any age, can have a stroke. When I was in hospital follwing my stroke, a young girl was admitted after her optician noticed something and called an ambulance. 

It's a shock regardless the age of the sufferer. I was in my 70's and I'm still trying to get to grips with it.

If I can help, in any way, please contact me on this forum.

Pauline

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.