New here..hello =)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, I have had sinus issues for a few years now. Finally seen an ENT and they ordered a cr scan of my sinuses. Well I have a deviated septum with bone spur and all my sinus cavities are severely inflamed. I will be having surgery next week. But for now I'm miserable. It looks as if my nose is swelling on each side and under my eyes a lil.... Dr called in prednisone to help relive some of the pressure. Has anyone had this problem and how did you cope? Is the swelling something I should be concerned about?

Thankyouuuuu

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Wow, surgery next week?! That was fast! I've Bern on the waiting list for years!

I've got a nasal spur too and inflamation and infection. Have to take painkillers and when upper molars hurt, antibiotics.

You will have to let us know how surgery helps....

It's an awful condition :-(

• Posted

I will definately let y'all know. I hope it helps!! It's misery! I'm normally happy hyper fun person but full blown depression had set it from this mess. It's a constant dull aching headache. Eyes feel like their gonna pop outta my head and watery. Puffy baggy eyes. I'm whining I know. Lol I was hoping this prednisone would help but not yet =( I'm so sorry your having the same issues. It's really frustrating!!!

• Posted

Forgot to say I got prescribed amitriptyline for facial pain, had it for a month, I guess I took codeine less but pain still not gone! Around eyes, nose, forehead , cheekbones and when teeth hurt it's the worst :-(

It's like only surgery will help as nothing else really works. Lets see....

• Posted

I can't believe your on a waiting list for surgery!!! =((( stay on them about it!! Did you see an ENT?

• Posted

I have all the same symptoms! O sure hope you get in for surgery soon and I hope it helps us for my sanity sake...and yours I'm sure!! Lol

• Posted

I feel your pain i have suffered for many years from the same dull head aches right above the eyes. My eyes also feel like they were going to pop out and watery eyes. I recently had a 9 day course of predesione for the imflammation but this does not stop the problem from reoccurring.

You are not whining this is exactly what this site is for. Yes it is very frustrating for years i had no idea what was going on. But now knowing that i have chronic sinusistis has not made anything easier.

Yes please let us know about the surgery and your out come

• Posted

I will let ya know if it helps. I'm so sorry you are having these awful issues too. If surgery doesn't help I'm not sure what I'll do. I can't go anywhere without getting the dizzy spells that make me get sick and have to go back home and lay down. I'm sure my family and friends are getting tired of my complaining. I'm just ready to enjoy life again. I have a new granddaughter that I'm ready to be able to enjoy and spoil and with these problems I can't. =(

I hate that others have to deal with this but at the same time I'm glad to have someone that can relate and not think I'm crazy!!

• Posted

True story, unless u go through this problem physically people have no idea what it is like. The not knowing how i am going to feel from day to day is the most frustrating for me.

• Posted

Yessssss I agree. Can't plan things cause you don't know how you'll feel!! It's sucky!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.