New hrt

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I've just started a new hrt before 25 patches you put on twice a week I wondered if anybody else is on them and how they getting on with them

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI caroline i would like to know how people are on them to, i go docs 6th dec to see her about them, i tried a herbel called black cohosh fro holland and barret , no good on them just sweating bad and very irretable wakeing up in night, so ill see what my doc advises
  • Posted

My doctor has put me on oestrogen only tablets to start with but when I saw my consultant she said I should have tried the patches. Much easier and less side effects. The tablets are cheaper on the NHS apparently!! Trying to decide whether or not to go back and ask to change. My hot flushes have stopped but I've put about 7lbs on which isn't so good. Interested to find out how other people get on.

• Posted

Thats what I found with tablets and gel you should go back to your doctors that what I did and she put me on patches you only put them on twice a week so far so good as I suffered very bad hot flushes I've only been on them a day and already I feel more comfortable

• Posted

Hi Caroline. I was on them for a few days after I came out of holidays but when I went back to get catheter out my surgeon changed them to the once a week ones and I've been on them almost 7 months now and I haven't had any problems. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.