New member with dry flaky eyelids

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi there

i was diagnosed with blepharitis at the beginning of January. My blepharitis alway seems to flare up around Christmas time, I think due to the weather. It does seem to be getting better at the moment using Simple face wash and either Blephaclean wipes or the Wet Wipes Be Gentle but I am left with really dry, flaky skin and wondered if anybody could recommend anything that would help get rid of it. I had been using eumovate cream but my optician said not to use creams around the eyes as that would make things worse in the long run. Any help would be appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry should have said I have been suffering with blepharitis for about two years but was only diagnosed in January
  • Posted

Hi Julie !

So sorry that u have been suffering! I was just diagnosed in October but have suffered for several years prior to that as well since I also suffer from severe eczema my skin is typically very dry and I too use simple face wash and I love it ! My eyes had been so swollen dry itchy and flaky that it distorted my face and was driving me insane ! I now found a new ophthalmologist last week who told me to stop using the baby shampoo and use Thera tears steri lid cleanser along with protopic ( prescription) around my eyes well today is day 5 and I look and feel human again!!! Guess the eczema around eyes was causing the blepharitis! Sadly I now am stuck with both of them but I'm hoping to keep at bay with this simple routine I hope u find relief soon!!

Terri 😎

• Posted

Tea tree oil on a wet cotton square helps me. But first a drop of baby shampoo should be worked into foam. On the top 2 drops of tea tree oil.

Also fight every day eye dryness.

• Posted

Thank you both for your help. I have been using coconut oil on my eyelids since yesterday and they are already feeling better but I will definitely bear in mind what you have said should they flare up again. Thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.