New orlistat user

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys my Gp put me on orlistat today I'm a bit wary and sceptical as to whether of not it will work. All advice grateful accepted x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Michelle, it's scary I know I am in the same boat as I started 5 days ago. Still to it & do as it says & you will be fine. Give it a go and see how you get on x
  • Posted

It will absolutely work if you give it a helping hand. Keep your fat intake to 15g per meal maximum. This will help you lose weight at a sensible speed and will also help avoid the yucky side effects that Orlistat is famous for. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi Michelle,

I'm going to my doctor this evening to be prescribed these.

Quick question... were you already on a low fat diet before you started?

I'm worried that if I take them before starting a low fat diet, I'll get all the horrible side effects for a few days which would be really embarrassing at work!

Good luck with your weight loss!

• Posted

If I were you I would start your low fat diet right away but wait a day or two before taking the Orlistat. You should be fine.
  • Posted

I lost 7 stone on these and just started again on them after having a baby and putting some back on, they do work, good luck! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.