NEW PAIN

Posted , 6 users are following.

Morning girls I hope you are all well ?

I have a new pain and it's really hurting it's around the front and back part of my rib cage it hurts constantly but even more when I breath! Has anyone had this and what did you take ? I'm taking zapain naproxen and oramorph which I don't like taking but I can't work if I'm in that sort of pain. I also had a pip re assessment this week as my mobility has changed and I now have a stick and my ot has had aids put in the house for me which has helped a great deal

Big soft hugs to all

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Just a thought are you taking a stomach coater before you take Naproxen? I suffered similar pain years ago because I had not and Naproxen had caused severe stomach problems.
    • Posted

To be honest no but I've only had two ? And I have to crunch them to take as I can't take tabs ? But this has been on and of got a few weeks now

• Posted

That doesn't fit then. It must be horrible having to rely on those strong drugs for pain relief to allow you to work. I hope someone can sort this new pain out very soon.

• Posted

The last few days mine has started like that and my legs feline lead when walk then sitting down they throb like he'll so what ever I do I can not win. Iam on the same medication. Good luck with your pip reassessment. Hope u feel a little better soon. Hugs to you

• Posted

Thank you for your reply I hate having to wait for reply from them as I can't remember how long it takes ?

• Posted

Hi Saidie, if your ribs actually hurt it could be costochronditis. I can post a link on here but there's a lot of info on the web about it. Good luck this time with your pip assessment x

• Posted

Good morning sadie,I agree with gizmo.That was one of my first

painful,very painful symptoms besides my feet.It was like a knife

being jabbed in one spot of my rib.It could last from hours to days.

I used my pain meds and heating pad.You might try a rub on

antinflammatory gel so it isn't so hard on your stomach.And if you

are crushing\chewing your meds because of swallowing issues

make sure they are ok to be crushed.Some meds aren't safe to

do.I too do the same thing and find a liquid for where I can.

I did find using applesauce helped me to swallow the smaller

pills whole.I hope you find relief for the rib pain.You can also

try lidoderm patches.They are wonderful for painful spots.

• Posted

Thank you very much for your reply I'm hating thong new pain it's vile x

• Posted

i have similar symptoms. my fibromyalgia came about after having TB back in 2014. you will find that your mobility more than anything else, will be affected. my doctor did not look at my chest as fibromyalgia, i have always had chest problems, but since i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia the pain is getting much worse and nobody seems to know what to do about it.i cannot even touch my chest without unbearable pain as well as in breathing.for my fibro, i have had so many different types of tablets, but the pain seems to be getting worse. my neck, back, ribs, legs, arms, and head. amitrypltiline did not help.at all cause when i took it and went to sleep, i could not wake up. Gabapentin,pregabalin and have now been put on Naproxen, just one a day. and because of my memory problem i cannot focus on whether i have taken it oir not and end uo not taking it. i also suffer from fatigue, which is more frustrating and worse than the actual pain. and alot of headaches which renders me like a Zombie" cause it is so painful. sometimes ordinary painkillers can help, but not in the long run. having a stick is a oood thing because if you had a fall, you could do more damage. i am glad this is helping you. stay positive !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.