New to orlistat!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just wanted to share that I have started orlistat today, eating nothing but really fat foods (porridge, Fish and veg etc) working out at 30g a day and only having 1000 kcal a day. invested in a exercise bike and skipping a rope! Feeling super positive! Anyone else done it in a similar way and how soon did you start losing weight? (I'm 16st 9 and am 5ft 4) x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

10g of fat a day not 30g! X
  • Posted

Hiya,

I too have started today on Orlistat. Hoping I can stick to it and get down to a healthy weight, I have a lot to lose! Good luck! smile

• Posted

I've just started today as well I'm 5.4 and weighing 14.4 I've been on orlistat before 3 yrs ago worked amazing but put all back on... I'm confused with how much fat ur to have because I have been reading it's 15grams per meal.... Can anyone please clarify?

• Posted

My doctor told me eat as little fat as I can, today I will be having 6g of fat exactly, I think staying under 15g is about right!
    • Posted

I must have read it wrong I did think 45g was a lot lol I've had 3G and now 2 in my evening meal... Glad u cleared that up. And good luck poppy nice to see someone started same as me 😁
    • Posted

It's up to 15g per meal totalling 45g per day. Each component of your meal should be no more than 5g of fat to make up the 15g.

What are you eating to keep it under 6g?!

• Posted

Oh I didn't know this! And today for example:

-oats so simple honey and vanilla pot 2g

-1 Kingsmill bread thin 1.1g

100g peri peri chicken 1.4g

-Wild rocket 0.1g

-Fat free yogurt 0g

-Smoked haddok fillet 1.1g

-100g long grain rice 1.1g

• Posted

Wow well done! And here's me looking longingly at a gingerbread muffin with a fat content of 10g!!! x
  • Posted

Hey poppy have u weighed yourself yet? My weigh in tomorrow eek
    • Posted

No not yet but I will tomorrow so we can compare weight loss!! Don't think I have really lost anything yet personally though xx
  • Posted

I'm entering week 4 on Xenical...and I've lost 3 kilos.  I started at 69 (5ft 7) and now I'm 66.  I run every night (5 kilometers) and go to the gym three times a week.  Generally I eat very low fat, so it wasn't a stretch for me to eat right, but my vice was beer, beer, and more beer!  (what can I say, it was a HOT summer down here). 1000 cals might be too low...I remember 2 years ago I was barely eating anything and not losing weight and my dietician explained that my body had gone into starvation mode and wouldn't let go of fat. I have not had any 'orange oil' incidents and until I was weighed in two days ago I thought it wasn't working!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.