New to Sertraline

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all! Im just been given sert by my doctor, im currently on 50mg and started on wednesday. I was previously on citalopram 40mg, I started themin september 14 and had s8me good times on them but sadly after 10 months I wasnt feeling much benefit from them and decided to change. So far I feel on sert I seem to have got slighly worse, which im not worried about as its a new med and generally accepted u get worse before u get better. Im interested to find out what I can expect being on sert, and would apprecate any stories other people have....Many thanks ...Luke

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi luke

I've been on sertraline for 6 weeks now I was on citalapram a few years ago was good for a long time but stoped working ) anyway the first two week on this med 50 mg were the hardest my anxiety hit the roof it took two week to settle down and I was moody a lot spoke to gp after 5 weeks at that time still feeling a bit down so he said up the dose to 100mg so I did it's my 8th day on 100mg and a feel better I think it starting to kick in thank got like I said the first few weeks are the hardest but stick it out it will be worth it in the end and remember people are different some people feel better after 2 weeks and some can take up 2 8 weeks to feel the bennifit hope all goes well keep in touch and let me know how u go on thanks don

• Posted

Thanks for the reply Don, Today has been lousy to be honest, feel like everday is getting worse and I've only been on sert for 4 days. I will stick at it tho, I'll give it at least 10 months like I did with citalopram.
    • Posted

That's how I felt at that time u think it will never get better but like I said stick it out it will get better what time of the day R u taking the meds ? What side effects R u getting ?
    • Posted

I take it first thing when I wake up, side effects ain't too bad, I get quite bad headaches, not worried about that but I'm feeling lower and a bit tearful. Thanks Don
    • Posted

That's normal things will get better when your body get used to the meds keep faith And let me know how you get on
  • Posted

Hiya, I have been on Sertraline for about 6 months, I started on 50mg, it made me worse before I got better too. I felt spaced out some days as well and felt like I couldn't breathe, this all eased off and I had so much motivation to exercise, I was talkative and happy, but after a couple months it flattened me out and I wasn't feeling an effect. I got put on 100mg and been on for 2 months or near enough, I don't feel much different, tbh I am in the same boat as you I'm not sure if I'm going to get better, I don't want to go back to the doctor as it sounds silly to say but I feel like an attention seeker!
    • Posted

Hi

Don't feel that way the doctor is there to help u just go and explain to the doctor what you've just said on here we all need help at some point in our lives I'm going though a bad time at the moment and felt the same at one point calling the doc 3/4 times a week I though I must be doing his head in but when I explained to him he said that's what I'm here for hope all goes well xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.