New to thrush!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i just started seeing someone and unfortunately didnt realise i had thrush and have slept with them since (without wearing a condom, i am on effective birth control though!) However i have now discovered i have thrush and was wondering if my partner will now develop thrush or if he will be ok? As i dont want to carry on having sex with fear of re-infection. 

Can anyone help! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You might need to tell him to get treated both of you together because he might not have the symptoms because if you treat yourself and you have sex again you will get infected because he didnt get treated while you were getting treat
  • Posted

A man can carry the candida on his penis (which he got from you) without any symptoms. When you have intercourse and the candida get into the moist warm environment inside you, they will flourish and you can be reinfected. He should be treated at the same time as you to stop this recurring cycle. If he wears a condom, no problem - he can't pick it up from you and pass it back. He should be fine to treat with just some canestan cream, applied 2-3 times a day for 10 days. Do not have intercourse again until you are thrush free and he has been treated for the 10 days. If there are issues with telling him, just say that thrush is not considered a sexually transmitted disease, it is just something some women get from time to time due to hormonal changes or changes in the vaginal PH and they can pass it onto men who can have it without Amy symptoms and can reinfect the woman.
  • Posted

Taking probiotics to counter yeast speeds up healing. Also Caprylic Acid kills yeast so get that in gel form and take up to 1500 mg daily.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.