Newbie Advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just starting Lexapro tomorrow at 2.5 mg after two weeks of taking Fluoxetine at 20 mg. I know this is a low dose I'm starting at because I have real trouble tolerating new meds. Can anyone give me info on what to expect initially and when did people feel positive effects.

The Fluoxetine really kicked my butt with a lot of side effects and I'm hoping this goes a little easier and I have two weeks of Fluoxetine in me already and since it's the same class I hope I have a little head start. Any info would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Lexapro was a dream for me. I started on 10 and in a month was on 20. No side affects. Made my life so much better. No more racing thoughts, no more suicide thoughts, no more swallowing issues, gained weight back. It's been night and day.

I started high dose took a month between 10-20. 20 really did it for me. 10 i felt was very weak

• Posted

Thanks I hope that I have the same results that you had with the medication, did you have an initial side effects to deal with or did you tolerate it relatively easy?
    • Posted

Zero side affects what so ever. Just amazing results. Now when I was on fluox I was really to commit suicide. Fluox is awful and ill never touch that stuff again.

• Posted

Thanks for the info, how long before you started to feel the positive effects of the medication?
    • Posted

Around 1 month everything was gone. I know it seems long but it was worth it. But remember i went from 10-20 in a 2 week period. I thought 10mg was working but very week. 2 weeks on 10 was nice but mellow. Then 2 weeks on 20 and i felt amazing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.