newbie hi to all

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi New to this.I have hs and have had it for the past three yrs.first off they thought it was to do with my breast so was cut open and left to suffer with no follow care until they diagnosis this condition .since than I have had one flare up upon flare up.stress is a huge factor to this condition I feel .I am under the dermatologist but they jus keep pumping full of antiboitics had two operations.only one doctor who was nice and lance one which was the size of a golf ball.unfortunately they don't consider doing lancing until they are huge these become so painful does anyone use any pain relief that works with this?.this has made me so depressed and quite frankly took over my life from one flare up to another .I always fear the worse.when these flare.most doctors don't have a clue with this condition in fact I feel at times they are rude and disrespectful.I have recently stumbled upon Manuka honey which has help a bit not sure if anyone else uses this.It would be good to hear from others sufferers as I am at my wits end with this many thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jodie,

I've had surgery this year to remove all the tissue under my left arm. I know how frustrated you must feel with how things are going but believe me the alternative is much worse.

I jumped through all the hoops before this point but still thought surgery was the best answer... I had the op on march 30th and I'm still not healed. Its not been easy to say the least!

Perhaps try having a bath with a few hand fulls of soda crystals in?

• Posted

thanks for replying .it's so frustrating this condition .I do use espsom sea salt.I know surgery takes along time to heal as having two ops I do hope you recover soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.