Newbie to olistat

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good Evening,

I hope someone can hel. I started taking 1 tablet a day of 120mg olistat. I have also been exercising and I have joined weight watchers

However, since yesterday evening when I go to the bathroom, my bowel movements have been oily and orange in colour.

My diet has consisted of mainly sale, vegetables, snack a jacks, ceral with skimmed milk, meat and fish and weight watchers products.

So worder why I am experiencing these effects or is this natural in the first few days. My stomach is not upset or anything just as explained.

Hope you can put my mind at rest.

Thank you kindly

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi i wouldn't worry i feel the same all my meals are low fat my snacks are fruit and veg and i drink loads of water but still i get the oily and yellow/orange effects.

I just think its what they do, i have not had an upset stomach either. Why are you taking just 1 tablet a day? xx

• Posted

Hi there,

Thank you forreplying to my post, glad I'm not going completely nuts then. My doctor had only prescribed me 1 tablet a day, is this not the normal amount then? No upset stomach for me either thankfully so guess that means we are doing something right smile

• Posted

Hi side effects are normal and come and go, try to stick to the rule of 5g per fat to 100g on the labels of what you eat. Also you should be taking a tablet with every meal so unsure why youre only taking one?
    • Posted

Your doing everything right as long as it is low fat or fat free ideally, i'm not sure why you are only taking 1 as we have been told to take 3 a day with every meal, but i have been advised to not take one if your meal is virtualy fat free. xx

• Posted

Hello Cosmicpants.

Firstly, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that you have an awesome username.

Secondly: welcome to the side effects of orlistat. I say 'side effects' but essentially, the product is working just as it should do. Orange oil is the fatty deposits that Orlistat prevents your body from absorbing. 

I'm curious as to your dosage however, as I've only ever heard of people being prescribed 3 x daily, not 1.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.