Newly diagnosed

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have burning in my left elbow constantly even the bones hurt when touched, is this normal, on gabapentin 3600mg and 20mg longtec, takes the bacjache away but feel evertything else!

Every step is agony but ghe burnjng is the worse if all, aby suggestions???

Pip

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I use ice....and I was thinking of looking for a massage in my area.

I hate Fibro because so many people do not believe there is anything wrong with me.....

• Posted

I have tried massage my husband bless him bought me a massage wheel and he massaged my legs and arms, because i get alot if muscle lumps on my arns

I am also a gout sufferer in my ankles and have monthly uric acid blood tests to check levels are stable

I akso have achillies tendornitus and am having an mri on sunday morning so they can compare to last years mri as they have now decided to operate on it

The fibro has only just been diagnosed last week after a year of back and forward to the doctors waiting to see the rumartologist, so tired all the time suddenly just drop off but cant sleep at night, cant walk anywhere because of the leg pains abd swelling in my ankles, backpain but the morphine helps that alot abd i get very down and tearful all the time, my family sonetimes have to help me get dressed on bad days snd i always need help getting my shoes or socks on, very painful to bend down. at the monent its the burning in my left elbow as cant carry anything as keep dropping everything is this a symptom??

I have to say my family and my work ( i wotk in a bank) have been very supportive and understanding re my pain

Pip

• Posted

hiya yes ive just been diagnosed too and i keep dropping things it,s awful i cant do the things i used to do sad

• Posted

I know its crazy! Bad day today lots of pain, on holiday from work and just keep sleeping, ive uped my gabapentin today to try and help, lets hope it helps.

I hope you can start to feel a bit better what meds are you on to help? X

• Posted

do the gabepentin give you acid ? i couldnt take them because of the acid they caused i had no problems with Neurontin i used to take but now the doctors in thair wisdom wont give me them because of the expense makes me so mad they say ther the same but theyre not ,if they were why do i get acid with the gabepentin ( it,s mad ) 
    • Posted

I get heartburn alot but woukd rather have that then the pain i was having, it helps but doesnt take it all away, have pain clinic appt in august but cosidering cancelling it as on morphine anyway dont think much more they can do!
    • Posted

My tablets are Neurontin gabapentin each 300mg hard capsules! Is there different ones??
    • Posted

neurontin and gabapentin is the same capsule but one is the generic name and the other not ,yea i was on 300 s as well now im on pregablin and ive now finished with the cronic pain clinic theyve done all they can alas 

• Posted

Is the pregablin any better? Did the pain clinic help at all? I really dont know what to do sbout it!!

Bad day today psin in elbows and burning unbearable, going to get some elbow supports tmrow see if it helps, heres hoping x

• Posted

hiya well it,s a very low dose they start you on and have to very slowly build up the mgs. but at the mo. im afraid im in agony so no not really but maybe when he ups the mgs. it will help ? ive had no sleep for over a wek and am so tearfull with the fatgue and 24/7 pain in my neck and arm and lumber ect in fact EVERYWHERE  good luck with the supports x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.