Newly diagnosed

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, I have a near confirmation of this from a heart monitor and am scheduled to see a cardiologist for more tests.

I wonder do you all have these symptoms?

Lightheaded

Body feeling light and floaty

Nausea

Not breathless but breathing feels weird

Blue vans in palms and arms during attack

Internal shaking

Worse when laying down, feeling like I'm dying

Very very anxious

Pain in arms for about a year now on and off

I also notice some forums where people mention issues in abdomen causing this because of some sort of stimulation to nerves. Well, I have a very large fibroid tumour in my womb but it's up past my belly button and causes me issues with digestion etc. Does anyone think this could cause AF?

Thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I agree with Frank the vagus nerve runs into the stomach and is the cause of a lot of all our problems, it also controls the heart and lungs
  • Posted

I am worse lying down and I have internal shaky feeling 24/7 although varying in degree with various pains mainly in my liver area but they do vary.  I also have problem being bloated although the fodmap diet helped that at first we are back to mayhem again at moment.   Never feel refreshed from sleep.    I'm also very weak and feel legless.       I cannot seperate these weird fellings from when I have AF but the medical people say they are not connected.   They call the weirdness Visual hypersensitivity or abdominal migraines - basically the brain sending the wrong signals to my body causing pain when none is needed.      I have a lot of internal inflamation but again no specific medical label diagnostically.    I don't feel anxious as you mention but I am totally worn out with all the relentless pain and coping with it  but coped I must so I just keep going.  How I don't get depressed is a miracle and I don't panic with the feelings you might describe as 'dying' because quite frankly they have gone on for so many years I know I am not dying!      I along with others think the Vagus nerve might be connected but try telling a heart consultant that  - que glazed look.      I used to think my internal shaky feeling was a bit like flu but now I would liken it more to an internal tremor.     A fibroid could easily be pressing on nerves.   Can they not do anything for the fibroid  - strangely I had fibroids removed years ago by hysterectomy so similar pattern to you.     I wouldn't say I have given up looking for answers but I have a feeling they won't be resolved in my lifetime even if I have a few more years of this to go so I have learnt to roll with it or maybe I am too weak to do anything else.     Good Luck with your quest to sort. 

• Posted

Thank you. I hope they will operate soon on the fibroid that's the plan. I'm now scared they won't because of AF? Is it poss to still have an operation wth this? I felt a bit breathless the past couple days and my chest hurts a little. I just don't know when it's acceptable to rush back to hospital with this, everything that happens in textbook is serious but when you look at forums people say that their symptoms are the same

• Posted

I had an operation in November for removal of a lump and I was worried about how my AF would be  - not just during op but after and I was fine.  There were no problems.  Even if there were they would control your AF event with drugs.   At my pre-op the nurse said because of your AF be prepared to wake up in a different hospital if you go into AF!!    Whilst this might have been technically true as it was a non NHS hospital sub contracted for NHS work when I asked the Anaesthetist - she assured me they had the drugs on hand to deal with and I was re-assured when I went into prep room before op that they were too hand.  I didn't ask she just said which I thought was a nice gesture - reassuring.      I've actually had ablation and gone into AF during and it was also controlled and that was under conscious sedation.  Rest assured there are a lot of people with AF and they are dealing with this all the time.   I do admit that recent op  (Not AF related)  gave me cofidence to deal with a 2nd ablation.       When I get AF I tend to me a bit knocked out for a couple of days and have chest pain I guess this is down to the heart working extra hard and it is sore - it often feels raw - but it allways settles.    If this is new to you - you won't be used to all the sessations but in time you will hopefully understand that whilst all feels odd you are ok.     Medical staff don't consider AF life threatening which sounds odd but that was what I was told last week.    It is hard to deal with all  what is going on but unfortunately 'this is how it is' and all we can do is try and support each other through it. 

• Posted

Hi '165195', Good luck in progressing to improved health.

5 months ago I visited my GP primarily asking for help (after 21 years) to resolve the fact my bowel output has been abnormal, suddenly and consistently, since I was dropped aged mid-30s, resulting in what I now know is very possibly Vagus Nerve impingement or damage, leading to my having constant AFIb. Sadly, my GP still has never examined my abdomen, or sent me for any tests on the bowel. But ultrasounds of womb, bladder and related were said to be clear. The technitian said the same cannot be done on bowels, due to presence of 'gas' being impossible to distringuish from polyps, etc.

Bowel polyps affected my father's only sibling and both of their parents. I wonder if anyone here knows if such poilyps can affect Vagus Nerve function - causing AFib? Or is it the other way round - Vagus Nerve damaged in neck area (in my case) causes muscle spasm that prevents normal bowel function. (My stools are always tiny, since my injury, and I get only 10-20 seconds' notice I need to get to the loo.)

• Posted

Thank you

Hoe about breathlessness does anyone get this? At the minute I feel odd, not like I can't breath but just that something isn't right with it

• Posted

Hi Kate and everyone else who may be interested,I recently saw an article on the vagus nerve, the Academic Medical Centre in Amsterdam are currently doing a trial of electronic implant to stimulate the vagus nerve at the moment for people with Rheumatoid Arthritis.

They say the vagus nerve is known as the captain of all nerves as it controls so many parts of the body including the heart and lungs and gut.the trial so far has proved succesful in stimulating the immune system for those with RA who knows could be out turn next here's hoping. the findings were published in the Proceedings of the National Acadamy of sciences

L x

• Posted

Yes I have a very interesting book on the Vagus Nerve and I intend to pursue that line of enquiry despite the glazed looks with the consultants.    It all makes a lot of sense to me.    Someone else mentioned V bloc on one of these messages last week.   I see it can also help with obesity. 
    • Posted

Linda + Kate, thanks for giving us hope that Vagus Nerve research + book may finally get cardiologists in Britain's NHS to consider this, regarding AFib... and obesity. Full function of disgestive system is, I feel, under investigated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.