Newly diagnosed by GP with stage 3 CKD. My creatinine level was 1.35

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 64, I have had swollen hands and feet for the past year. Last week my blood work showed creatinine level of 1.35 which yielded an eGGR of 53. My BUN was 19 ( lab limit 9-25). Electrolytes normal, no protein in urine, a trace of blood. Last year the creatinine was 1.13. HCT was high, 48.9, 48.4 lab upper limit.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Gee. . .those numbers look good to me!  The three I pay attention to are GFR, creatinine, and bun.  In my opinion your's look fine but rest assured I am not a nephrologist!!  I am 73 years old and have lived my entire life with one kidney so when I got smart (mid 20's) I have lived my life watching what I eat, always active, and limit all meds, vitiamins, etc.  I was not always good (in fact, BAD) about drinking water.  I have become an advocate about it now!!

• Posted

Thank you. I feel a bit better hearing that. I have a follow up blood test on the 13th,
  • Posted

Hello,

Please bear in mind that after a certain age (usually 60+) GFR begins to fall slowly. A couple mls a year I believe. Nevertheless, I can understand your concern and I am sorry about your new diagnosis. Fortunately your electrolytes are normal, so your kidneys are still removing waste and minerals efficiently.

You also appear to have few urine abnormalities, which is good. Protein is a diagnostic marker for progression, and since you do not have this I think that is quite a positive thing for the time being.

Good luck with your follow-up in a few days, - all the best.

• Posted

Thank you. I am hoping it was just dehydration. I had walked five miles before the lab work and may not have adequately hydrated.
    • Posted

Hi, I got the results today, creatinine was 1.22, eGFR of 60 with a BUN of 12. Electrolites are within range.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.