Newly diagnosed with diverticulitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Rushed in to hospital last tuesday ive been sent home to follow a low residue diet. Does any body know if I can follow the NHS milk diet with this condition. Ive been doing a sponsored slim this year for pancreatic cancer research and I still have two stone to shift in two months. I had just stared following the milk diet when I was rushed into hospital. To be fair at the moment im slightly terrified to eat.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have dairy with no issues. I refrain from nuts and seeds as well as any spicy foods.

Can you tell me a little more about the milk diet?

• Posted

4 pints of semi skimmed milk per day, sugar free jelly, 1 drink of bovril/oxo per day, 1 litre of water per day. Tea/coffee with milk from your allowance sweetners permitted. You must take a good multi vit and mineral tablet. Its a diet used to shrink the liver pre bariatric/gallstones/stomach surgery.

Just seems strange that I started this lost 9lb and was rushed to hospital with high up cramps. Kidney stones were suspected but ct scan showed diverticulitis.

• Posted

I had 2 hospital stays and 2 treated at home In a year I just had surgery do you know anyone who had there sigmoid removed
    • Posted

Im sorry I dont know any one thats had this surgery or with diverticulitis.
    • Posted

What did you do t make things work to recovery I go to bathroom so manytimes and att times nothing hapoens what's your diet now .Do you have normal bowelments .Thank you

• Posted

I didnt have any bowel issues. My bowel movements have not been affected at all. I treated for trapped wind prior to seeking medical help. My pain is left sided high up just inder ribs. Drs initially thought I had kidney stones. At the mo im terrified to eat as I dont wish to have another attack been mainly living on chicken broth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.