Nexplanon help PLEASE

Posted , 5 users are following.

i had the nexplanon implant fitted on the 7th april and now it is the 9th. The pain in the area of insertion is horrible:-( i cant pick anything up without a stabbing pain in the area and there is no sign of the pain subsiding at all. it feels okay in the morning when i wake up but as soon as i stand up and start my morning it starts all over again. its stopping be doing simple things like eating my dinner with a knife and fork or washing my hair. is this normal? if so how long is it normal for? because i am not coping atm:-(

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hey! I have had an implant for 8 months. When inserted it was not painful, I just had a huuuge black/blue/pink/green bruise and everything dissappeared after a week. I really think you should see a doctor asap, the implant might be in the wrong place.
    • Posted

:-( terrified they are gonna have to take it out because im scared of needlessad 
    • Posted

They give you pain killers and you literally cant feel anything! I was terrified too, but trust me, its not that big of a deal. And you wont have to live with that stabbing pain, I dont think its normal..
    • Posted

thankyou for the reply, im just so down nowsad keep crying at everything because im so fed upsad
  • Posted

This was normal for me took bout 2 weeks for the pain too subside and get used to feeling it there. I had bad brusING wit mine. Cud not drive or wash my hair !If it get red tender to touch or ur skin starts too feel hot u cud have an infection. If that'd the case get it checked ouT. Hope u feel better soon
    • Posted

Did you get the sharp pain on the upper arm with slight movement? Also, ive got a doctors appointment tomorrow just to be safe than sorry smile.. Fed up now though
    • Posted

Also my arm feel quite dead and my hand is very moist with sweat...
  • Posted

seeing the nurse in a few mins, hopefully find out whats wrongrolleyes my hands cold and blue, ugh.
  • Posted

Guys. I had it on for 1 week now. The only side effect is like flu symptoms with some fever like 37.5C° . Did any of you experience this? What should I do?...Im having Ibuprofen and Paracetamol...how long should it last?...Thanks!
    • Posted

Hiya! If yoh are unsure go to your doctors or whoever put it insmile i ended up having an emergency appointment with a nurse at my local practise yesterday, ended up at hospital having blood tests and other testssad and still they dont know whats wrong... So now im waiting till monday and if no better im going to the doctors again! Definitely the worst decision ive made to have it.....

But if you have a temperature maybe its infected? ...

• Posted

I have had mine for a year and 2 months and my hurts so bad. My dr kept telling me it was normal. I went to a new one and it is not normal but the earliest I can get in is next week. Now I'm pregnant with this stupid thing. It will hurt so bad that I cry. I would go get it checked...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.