NHS waiting times for cyst removal?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I know each case is different and dirrerent places can differ but just woondering what your waiting time experience was/is?

Thanks!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I saw consultant again after ultrasound on 26th September no date was given but I researched him by name on line and found secretary's email address. I contacted her and was told I was on list for January 2017 which would have been the end of the 18 week NHS pathway. I  then emailed her very week/second week and asked if there were any cancellations. It only took about 3 emails and I was given cancellation for 6th December. Now coming up to 6th week post total abdominal hysterectomy instead of still waiting for it to happen. Good luck

• Posted

I must admit i've already rang the gyno's secretary twice to ask if my appoint has been made as on Dec 30th was when I first met him and he said he'd like to see me again in about a month.

Now I realise a month means probably a bit longer but for me its already taken 5 months to get to this point where they are taking me seriously that this 5cm cyst is the route of my pain.

I do not want to wait another 5 months, i want this out asap.

So yes i've rang twice already and last week she said ring back in 2-3 weeks to see if an appoint's been made but she would put in 'a referral', that was last thursday, i'm not sure what exactly 'a referral' means however.

I also want to check that when I go to meet with him again that he can access the mri pictures to see the cyst in its raw form.

I really like the idea of emailing her to talk throught things, she surely could reply as her leisure rather than me ringing and catching her whilst she's busy so I might try and get hold of an address when I ring again next week...........Not in 2-3 weeks, sorry, that's too long for me to wait wink

• Posted

Hi, I have my op on Wednesday and it will be 3 weeks since I had my MRI scan so pretty quick although my cyst is 20 cm big so that may be why I haven't had to wait long.

• Posted

Oh yes I would say yous is much more urgent than mine!

It is causing me daily pain and of dermoid matter but I still want it out, it's been slowly growing since discovered in 2010 and I feel I wasn't told about it enough back then, I would of had it removed earlier if i'd of known these cysts should shrink on their own or infact keep growing.

• Posted

Mine have been between 1 year from diagnosis due to observation of growth to 6 to 8 weeks. I have had 3 surgeries for mine now.

Tanya

• Posted

Emailed the hospital yesterday, it was a general email address so I qouted my NHS number, date of appointment, who I saw and asked for the secretary's email address so I could talk directly with them.

I just received a phone call to say that 'they don't have the facility for emails directly', what a load of rubbish (I didn't day that of corse!)

What year are we in again? NHS, catch up with the times!

• Posted

I am replying for Beth, I am her partner Martha. Beth's mass was discovered in

October, and then she was referred to an oncologist because her CA 125 was 40.

She then had to see a gynecological oncologist, and that wasn't until December. She

had her surgery December 19th. The surgeon removed 15 liters of fluid from the mass

which started off her right ovary. Unfortunately she found that Beth had ovarian cancer.

It's stage 1c, and she will have her first round of chemotherapy Thursday. I am not

telling anyone who reads this to scare them. I, am having a hard time dealing with this.

I realize that Beth is very fortunate, because I feel that if her mass hadn't been so large,

and causing so much pain, she probably would

have ignored any other symptoms.

• Posted

I first went to GP start of October, referred for ultrasound which was start of December. They found a 4.7cm endometriotic cyst and ca125 was 21.

I have had first appointment with gynaecology today, so the longest wait was for us scan.

This was all non urgent referral so I can't fault care given where I live.

• Posted

Well i'm still waiting, for the booking appoint that is! Rang again yesterday and fortunately goto to speak with someone really helpful who basically said she'd look and see which of the 3 hospiatls within a 30 mile radius to me have the fastest gyno appoint where I will go and fill out the forms for surgery I guess.

I'm taking no chances with the MRI results being accessable however. I've requested a copy at a cost of £10 to me plus i've got to get a doc to sign the form but hey, I'll do that for the simple fact that i'll have the pictures in my hands when I go for the next appoint!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.