Night or Day?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just wanted a quick poll to see when people take Flu? As I have just been put on it and reading different things.

If you have time it would be really great to say why you do from your experience as well, thanks guys.

(I'm sure it's pobably been asked before but after looking for half an hour can't see a post yet... No doubt it was the one after I stopped looking)

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I take mine in the morning, don't really know why just always have xx
    • Posted

Thanks for replying..

Ive seen that this makes some people feel more tired.. Is this the case for you?

• Posted

I myself take Flu in the morning, as my Doctor said to take it at night may keep you awake, i have only been taking fluoxetine for 2.5 weeks, they sometimes can take up to 4-8 weeks to work, depending on the person, or how bad you have been, so be patient, it did take a while for me to be patient, but I have read some of the articles on this site and it has been helpful,,, Hilary
    • Posted

Thank you Hilary.. 

Has it started to work for you yet or still nothing significant?

I think so many people have said to stick it out on here no one could possibly quit on it!

So with the whole 'keeping you awake' is that to do with the weird dreams? Or completely unrelated? 

• Posted

Hi Emma, maybe very slightly, but I have been in a bad way, so sometimes I think it just may take longer for me, probably be able to tell more in a couple of weeks more, but i am being optimistic.... I wouldn't know whether it would give you weird dreams, I have just never taken it at night..... Just hang on in there, cos that is what I am going to do..... Hilary smile

• Posted

Hi Emma I just started taking on Wednesday and I take in a morning how long have u been taking?
    • Posted

I also started on Wednesday! I know its early but have you had any side effects?
    • Posted

Haha that's weird starting on same day and not really they have stopped my withdrawal symptoms from stopping escitalopram haven't noticed any side affects I have been on them before for a couple of months
  • Posted

Hi, I also take mine in the am, the main reason being that I'm rubbish at remembering to take it, so if I forget I can take it when I remember (normally only about an hour later!) but if I did it at night I would be a lot longer out before I woke up?! (Not sure that even makes sense!?) I also find it easier to manage a routine in the morning. It does take a while to settle down but it works really well for me, this is my second time around.

• Posted

Don't worry Kate that makes perfect sense.. If you forgot at night and went to sleep, well youd be asleep and so of course wouldn't remember.

Thanks I do find myself being forgetful so definatelly a credit worthy factor on my invisible scales.

• Posted

I was taking it in a.m. 20mg. But had to stop after 6wks. It was making me very ill physically. An the mental side effects were hideous for me. Severe crying spells, more anxiety. The worse of any antidepressant Iv tried. Physically I had moderate upper back pain like in liver or pancreas area. Lost 10lbs in 5 wks. Diaherra (usual). Liver area pain in front. Joint pain esp knees like a hot poker. Flu like symptoms. Couldn't tolerate it anymore an went down to 10mg for a wk then stopped. I know your suppose to taper but I HAD to get off it! Iv tried Lexapro (very sleepy an wt gain. Didnt help much mentally)& Cymbalta (no startup side effects) I have fibromyalgia an it definitely helped with pain but my blood pressure went up but I also was under a ton of stress at that time. I may try it again. An tried Sertraline . Same thing as Fluoxetin. I stopped Fluoxetin on Feb 20th. Im still trying to get over it but its 10 times better physically now. Not on anything rt now. Wsiting to get bloodwork then go onto something else. ???? Goodluck with your Fluoxetin journey. It may just be the drug for you.
    • Posted

Glad you worked out what I meant! Lol! I did have weird side affects when I first started but they completely passed after a few weeks, and it was easier to deal with them during the day and at least get a little sleep at night... Until I started taking sleeping aids too! I've been on it since Jan and have only had a couple of "down" days lately, but everything else is so much better! Don't be afraid to ask questions like this, knowledge is power at the end of the day! And even though everyone has different reactions to things it's good to be pre warned! Keep in touch and let us all know how you are getting on. Kate X
  • Posted

I tried taking flu in the morning but I couldn't function as it made me so drowsy

I take it at the same time every night before bed and it helps me sleep! I find I wake up non zombieish now

• Posted

I started taking it at breakfast, but found that by mid-late morning, I was becoming very drowsy.  I now take it in the evening, so no longer have the drowsinesss in the mornings, plus I find that I am sleeping better.
    • Posted

I'm sleeping so much better I had insomnia before and would cry uncontrollably now I don't cry non stop I feel rested when I wake up

I also find it helps to take the pills with food as I was feeling sick in the morning

Pills are slow but they are working smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.