Night sweats

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences night sweats with their Crohn's? I had excessive sweats for months where I had to change my sheets during the night, they stopped for a few months but seem to be reoccurring.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I get this when on prednesolone
    • Posted

My sweats stopped when I first started taking prednisolone! I was weaned down to 10 mg before I got an infection and was put back onto 40 mg and now the sweats have started again.
  • Posted

Yes I had them very badly and then they ease off.  I may be wrong but I think it is linked to fighting infection because I felt as if I had a cold but didn't have the runny nose etc.
  • Posted

I found the best way to cope with night sweats was take a towel and when they wake you up you can soon dry yourself off.  You need spare pillows and it does mess with your hair.
  • Posted

I have this problem quite often, I havent been on steriods for a couple of months but I am currently taking pentasa and azathiroprine. If anyone has any advice please share!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.