Night sweats

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have Bronchiectasis.  Use nebulizer and percusser.  I'm.  I have such night sweats that I have to change pajama tops during the night.  Any advice?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Are you eating lots of sugar?  That can cause night sweats.  Or maybe your medicines are reving up your system to where you are sweating?
  • Posted

Since how long?

I can get night sweats as a precurssor to an infection - it's one of my 'flags'. If your sweats are a recent phenomenon it may be the same but by itself one flag is not enough to go into 'infection defense mode' (taking antibiotics or upping the dose of a prophylactic dose to infection level) IME. I wait for at least 3 flags, so maybe tough it out (lots of water/daytime exercise if you can/early to bed/ vitC - I prefer to get it from megadosing fruits and green veg not pills but several others on here take high dose pills/sups for vitC).

If you are a long term night sweat sufferer then look for others to help or get it checked out. Long term it's not a normal bronchX symptom IME (and maybe worthy of blood tests on your immune system). You could try other natural remedies of cold/flu - ecinachea and anything esle that takes your fancy on an internet search against "natural remedies cold flu". personally I would seek a pharnmacist or GP advice before taking new stuff like that though.

• Posted

Thanks Steve.  I just learned the night sweats are due to NTM (non tuberculosis Mycro bacterium.... which I also have.   I will follow your advice... it could help.  (:0))
  • Posted

Hi mimi000

Unfortunately I can't help you here. I was only diagnosed during the summer, so am a newcomer to all this. Hopefully someone else will see your post and help if they can.

My biggest problem is fatigue, which I can not seem to shake off. I have good oxygen levels/SATS, and mild bronchiestasis, although I had a continual infection from January to July. Hopefully someone can clarify whether or not it is normal and part of the problem. 

Best of luck, Chaddie

• Posted

Thanks Caddle   just learned the night sweats are due to NTM (non tuberculosis Mycro bacterium.... which I also have.   ):o))
  • Posted

Mimi,

How old are you?  If you are in your 50s or older, it could it be due to menopause.  I'm 67 and I still get night sweats.

Or it could be due to the meds that you are taking.  

Also, as mentioned before, eating something with sugar and/or carbs in it can increase your internal thermostat, alcohol as well, since alcohol is a carb, within a few hours of drinking, it changes to sugars, increasing the body's temp.  

Beth

• Posted

Thanks Elizabeth,   just learned the night sweats are due to NTM (non tuberculosis Mycro bacterium.... which I also have.   I will follow your advice... it could help.  (:0))
  • Posted

i am the same i wake up every night soaking in sweat, drives me insane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.