Night time anxiety.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So for the last month I've been having issues with anxiety starting around 4:45 to 5:00 pm lasting until about midnight to 1:00 am. I used to get full blown panic attacks and so far I haven't had one of those in awhile. It's mainly my chests gets tight I feel like I'm having some shortness of breath I get hot and that's about it. That alone causes me a great deal of discomfort to the point I'm fighting with my mind trying to avoid the full blown panic. It's so tiring so mentally draining it's like I spend my entire evening in an epic battle with myself. I also have the same feeling when I wake up in the morning but that disappears on its own and I'm fine all day. I don't understand this but I'd like some input. Thank you in advance.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What do you do in an afternoon? If you're by yourself and aren't doing anything I would suggest finding something to do to distract you from the thoughts. I get like this but in a different way. but I won't list my symptoms because you might start feeling them too, and I don't want you to feel how I feel, try find something to occupy your mind with, something positive and fun, I for example have the xbox or guitar to play, maybe you could draw? Listen to music? Just anything to stop you thinking about it. I hope you feel better, anxiety is terrible to have, but you're never going to be alone with it, there is always someone there for you.
    • Posted

Thank you for responding. I'm so sick of it. My life from the age of 17 to 30 I was panic attack free then BAM they cane back 1000 times worse and now at 40 I just want to live a fear free life. Does it ever p*ss you off? Does it ever make you question what's the point in living like this because this isn't living to me.
    • Posted

I've had mine since I was 12 I'm now 22 rolleyes yea it does annoy me but I still look forward to what the future has to offer me. I get angry and depressed but there is always someone there for me so that keeps me strong to keep going on until I sort myself out. If you can you should surround yourself with friends and/or family. I do feel sometimes that I have got all the good starts at life just to be brought down by anxiety. I understand it can be frustrating. I lost my teen years because of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.