Nightmares, Lucid Dreams, dying sensations after a bad trip on Weed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. Please don't judge straight away after I mentioned marijuanna. This is a terrifying experience and I'm not sure what is happening to me.

Basically, i had a joint with my friends. Please note - I have only smoked weed a few times in the past and I am not addicted to the drug. After the joint I started having heart palpitations and visual hallucinations. These hallucinations were terrifying and i thought i seen a man in the mirror with no face.

On this trip everytime i was falling asleep, right before i fell asleep, it was like a surge of energy was sent to my brain because i thought my heart was stopping.

This sensation of my heart 'skipping a beat' has occured every single night since I had the joint. I phoned the hospital and got took in late on the second night after the joint, because I was very tired and this sensation was not allowing me to sleep. I also had a mild headache and chest pains. I got my BP and HR taken, both were abnormal. I got kept in and put on an ECG. I was allowed out in the morning because my blood test etc came back normal. I am still having these issues and it has been over a week.

LAST NIGHT however, was TERRIFYING. I had these symptoms and started feeling frustrated because I was at a friends house. But I experienced a terrifyingly strange bout of Lucid Dreams. There was one in particular which was sort of demonic, like there was a screaming face in my full field of vision which caused me to wake up. I also expanded my chest at one point, like I was being possesed and a strong bright light was at my chest.There was a less terrifying one where I was unable to sit up or speak or move, but I could see the dog lying beside me.There was also a dream which was like my spirit was being extracted from my body and a strange dying feeling went through my full body, but i woke up because this happened about 2 times. This sensation was a pleasant feeling but when i woke up i was extremely terrified.

I have also noticed a burning sensation at the back of my neck, sharp pains in my head, slurring of words, struggle to remember things through out the day and weakness throughout my body.

I was a very healthy 18yo girl before this happened, with no history of heart issues.

Please help me I am terrified that one night will be too much and it will cause a heart attack or something similar.

Thanks so much!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi amy. my heart goes out to u in this dilemma. it all sounds pretty scary for u.

i'm rather ignorant about the effects/side effects of weed etc., however, i really would want to have these symptoms re-cheked. i'd hope, that the hash would be out of ur system by now & that the residual effects should be in decline. perhaps ur GP could point u in the right direction or give u some expert advise on how to handle this and when u'd expect to be rid of these frightening effects.

i can resonate with the 'sleep paralysis' episode, where u were unable to move but awake & aware of the dog beside u. 'sleep paralysis' is associated with anxiety & is usually self-limiting. do a google on it. wish i could offer more.

Caitlin

• Posted

Amy,

That sounds really scary. I've never had any experience like that with my own sleep troubles.

I'm not sure why it was set off in the first place, but at this point I think it could be continuing due to extreme anxiety. I know its a difficult thing to accept, but it is possible that there is no particular illness you have or any lingering effect from the drug. Severe stress itself though can wreak havoc on your body. I went for a month not being able to eat more than 400 calories a day, otherwise I got extreme stomach pain. Once I focused on reducing my stress, I slowly got better.

Some of the other issues (slurring words, poor memory) could be from having your sleep disrupted so badly.

I suggest seing a psychologist. It will be some time before you get an appointment though, so in the meantime work on relaxation techniques. Do some deep breathing / meditation. Try exercise (in the daytime, not before bed). Burn some incense. Find something that takes your mind off your fears and helps you relax.

Especially relax before bedtime. If you go to bed so agitated, your sleep will certainly be disrupted. But if you get into bed and manage to just lie there and be calm, your sleep will be better. And that is from my own experience.

Good luck Amy, and God Bless.

• Posted

Hi Amy,

I am experiencing exactly the same thing. I am really scared. Since your post is from 2 years ago, I would like to know if you recovered from it, and how did you handle it?

I am already feeling a bit relieved that I am not the only one to feel this way. I thought I was going crazy.

Best regards,

Gabriela

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.