No Appitite

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, I havnt had a period for 4 months now,and for about 6 months I have totally gone off food,certain food smells make me want to throw up and I just don't have an appitite,i ve been drinking complan and eating toast.Does anyone else have this problem? xx

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

I had a hysterectomy 6 weeks ago, and went off food completely. so am guessing its the meno. sounds like you are getting the same.

• Posted

Thanks for replying,I guess it's just another thing to add to the list.i hope you re recovering well from your hysterectomy x
  • Posted

Hello, Yes I have the same thing happen to me. I cant eat fast food anymore the thought and the smell of it makes me sick. I cant drink coke. It does not taste the same to me. Things I used to love I cant eat anymore. I get nauseated alot also. I have been peri for 5 years now and it was alot worse in the beginning. Getting better now but stil happens.
    • Posted

HiKimberly it's all very strange,it's like being pregnant again.thanks for replying,I m sorry you re suffering aswell,hopefully when we re over all this we can eat and drink what we want x
  • Posted

Hi fudgebear

I do have problems with food myself. I get a lot of stomach issues diarrhea stomach pain nauseated to where i just have to eat the salt free saltine crakers and ginger ale to help with my stomach issues. 

Today i felt nauseated when i woke up with some stomach issues and urine issues. 

I can not eat a lot of food and i have to eat bland foods no salt no pepper no tomatoes no spices at all no cheese that goes right through me 

I get tired of this to even toast has gone right through me to where i just eat crakers and sip on ginger ale. 

I understand what you are going through 

• Posted

Hi Susan,I m so sorry,you re really suffering,I drink ginger ale now as I can't drink pop or juice as it sends my acid reflux crazy !! You must be so fed up,I hope you get some relief ver soon xx
  • Posted

I went off food for some weeks because the meno caused me to have gastitis, it took ages to get over, I had the nausea with it too, this was the worse symptom i have had!
    • Posted

Yes, the Meno is a bit of a russian roulette...maybe you will be lucky and not get any symptoms, or just a few...or if the bullet is in the chamber....loads of symptoms! eek
    • Posted

Yes thank you, it was awful not having tea and coffee and the odd drink, but im hoping i wont get it again, it happened just as my periods became erratic. I recently had my ovaries out due to family history etc and at the moment hot flashes and mood swings seem to be the main symptoms now x
    • Posted

I never thought it make me feel so awful all the time,I feel like going to bed and stopping there until it's over lol x
  • Posted

Yes, I have no appetite at times and I am not liking it - it comes back but not the same as it was and food sometimes tastes different.  I am more sensitive to the taste of salt and sometimes sugar.  I am relieved to read I am not the only one.  I get slight nausea too at times.  I am not really enjoying food sad
    • Posted

Hi Beetle,it's a comfort to know you re not alone when going through these crazy things.One day we will enjoy food again xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.