No bowel movement for a week, should I be worried?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys. So here's my problem. I haven't gone to the bathroom for 7 days I just noticed. I haven't even gotten the urge! I'm really worried actually. Is this really bad? I forgot to mention that I had my gallbladder removed in august and since then my digestive tract has been a bit funky. Sometimes I'm constipated, sometimes I'm not and am the opposite. Sometimes I'm regular. I haven't been constipated for this long though.. and I have bad anxiety so I'm making myself think the worst honestly. Is it okay to keep eating even if I haven't gone to the restroom??? By the way, my meals are super small. I eat in small bowls like a kid because since my surgery my stomach isn't so well actually. Is this maybe why I haven't gone? Because I don't eat much either? I'm really scared I'll keep eating and end up throwing up or something, ugh my mind is the worst! Any advice? Should I get a bunch of laxatives or take natural stuff like prune juice?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i have not had any luck with prune juice, but have had good luck with the herb senna.
    • Posted

Should I use a enema you think? Or another kind of laxative maybe? I'm just worried since I haven't gone is all..

• Posted

Hi

Could be due to the small meals - I tend to eat small meals and then have problems with constipation.  Try drinking a tablespoon of olive oil at bedtime to see if that helps the next day and/ or use a glycerin suppository to get the blocked stuff out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.