No contact with you

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi. Still nothing coming through. Vickyloo and Pat etc where are you? Nothing.

1 like, 62 replies

62 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Think will have to call the forum tomo. Only Tim has responded. I'm not obsessive but normally I have loads of posts to read on the forum
  • Posted

I haven't had a drink in 7 days now. Feeling great. Might have to take anti anxiety medecine. How are all of you.
    • Posted

That's fantastic..well done! Have you had antidepressants before? What's the longest you've gone without alcohol, is it a first?
    • Posted

I just stopped be perscribed librium. After using Librium a few months ago I didn't have a drink for over a month and then I relapsed. This detox was even harder. I've never had antidepressants though.
    • Posted

Yes. I remember who you are now. You've done so well and just keep it up ..
    • Posted

Re antidepressants..they really work if you find the right one for you(trial and error) tho they DO NOT work if you are drinking alcohol
    • Posted

Hi 171207

how are you doing. If my memory is right, I think you're the person who got no support from your GP. 7 days, that's brilliant news, well done especially with no support. I'm doing ok, couple of glasses of wine last weekend, nothing during the week apart from a couple last night at the local with friends.

Had a monthly 'ladies at lunch' day this week which I was dreading. Was going to cancel as its a real boozy do and often sets me off drinking again. However, I said could we go somewhere that's non alcoholic as I'm on antibiotics (actually true, never stopped me before) which is what we did

• Posted

That's awesome. I hope some day I can have one drink and stop. I'm going to a wedding in Seattle in two weeks and my wife keeps asking me if I'm going to have a drink. I keep telling her I don't think so. Now that I've stopped librium I've been perscribed gabapentin. How you ever heard of it?
  • Posted

I'd forgotten how horrible hangovers are. Can't wait till this feeling passes. Depressed, I def prefer the sober life. It's just not worth feeling like this for a few hours of pleasure yesterday..it's another lesson learnt sad
    • Posted

Well done to keep to under a bottle (saw on your other post) so a hangover is pretty much pants after just that. Sadly hangovers are not a deterrent for me, though I rarely get them
    • Posted

Hi how do u feel when u have a hangover, l notice when l drink and stop the next day l feel nervous, anxiety, feeling guilty for the whole day, is that a hangover.
    • Posted

Hi, Richard, for me a hangover is usually headache, nausea, tiredness, generraly feeling unwell and sometimes dizziness and shakiness, though it's been a long time time since I've had all that. What you describe sounds a bit more like withdrawal symptoms.
    • Posted

That's what I used to do after drinking heavily the night before. You're spot on with depression, I just wanted to hide away. Hope you feel better soon. You've done much better than before and I admire you for coming back on the forum saying what happened.
    • Posted

I didn't really get hangovers,well not the last 10 at least.If I wasn't working I would just start drinking again,hair of the dog as they say!
    • Posted

Same as vickilou, been there done that for many years previously. It's the road to hell. Why do some suffer hangovers worse than others? Mine are horrendous..tho I suffer with vertigo if I go on a swing now or travel sickness..

I just found out one of my old aa friends( not a big aa person/fan but like some people I met there) she's been on a liver ward at the Derby Royal for several weeks. She's given up. Beautiful, in 40s, family probs, going to die if she ever drinks again. Bless her, it could be us 👏

• Posted

Paper fairy what a coincidence, I live 5 mins walk from Royal Derby!. Have you recovered from last night yet?
    • Posted

Vickylou hi, how is the water why not go to the Hospital, that might make u stop ,drinking alcohol.
    • Posted

Hi Vickiloo. I live near Matlock but go to derby a lot. Decided to give it another bash yard..the naltrexon. Just want to one day be able to take it and not feel crap the next day. Had half bottle of wine last night plus the one glass left over from night b4. Today I've had a long lie in. Don't feel as rubbish as ystd. Bf gone out for day so taken a tablet and going to drink last half bottle leftover. Then give it a rest.

All I'd like is to be able to have the odd night or go on hols and be able to have a few glasses of wine..

• Posted

Without drinking too much or feeling rubbish all the next day
    • Posted

Hi Richardt

still on with the water. I don't drink daily, can go weeks without one. Had a couple of glasses of wine last weekend, but nothing during the week. Am just going to make a curry from scratch as the whole family are here. Will have a couple whilst cooking, but water with the curry. Curry and wine don't go together, but that's just me. Royal Derby hospital doesn't have any counselling facilities or addiction clinics. They are all in the 'rougher' areas of derby. I'm a bit like paper fairy, just want to enjoy social drinking. Been told by both gp and substance abuse clinic that I am not alcohol dependant. It's just when I get anxious that I tend to binge drink

• Posted

That's good, thanks a lot for helping others on this site, its good to have nice people like u keep up the good work.
    • Posted

We do sound rather similar with our drinking pattern. Do you go to any of the Derby alcohol services or aa or smart recovery?
    • Posted

Anywhere I am needed, Paper Fairy. I treat people in their own homes smile I don't have a clinic, I work from home.
    • Posted

Do you have a website and/or a phone number so I can contact you during working hours?
    • Posted

Hi paper fairy

I did go to AA many years ago at Chester Green, but it wasn't really me. I found it too intense. Am not knocking it and think for many people it's a

lifeline.

I got referred to ADS on London Road, but apart from filling in a weekly diary and acupuncture (which I really recommend) that was it. I've just done a self referral online to be seen by Trent PDC on Uttoxeter Road. Which part of Derby do you go to. I've friends in Matlock who own a farm, went to school in belper and used to live in Duffield.

• Posted

Thanks for your kind comments. I've had good advice from this forum, and we all need help and encouragement from each other. I suffer from low self esteem, so to receive such a nice compliment is much appreciated.
    • Posted

Paper Fairy it's quadrillion you have been such a huge help in my other forum with my problem .. You are strong smart and so very sweet I pray you find the strength you gave me and give others and apply it to yourself . Are you better? Please let me know you are. I know you can do it xoxo
    • Posted

Paul you have been amazing truly giving and amazing to me and i hope you can help paper fairy I have recvd so much support in this forum and i wish I had tools to help everyone like you Paul.. But my sincere and heartfelt prayers are what I can give and I'm praying for paper fairy ! Thank you Paul for helping so many people xo
    • Posted

I wish those grins weren't so mad-looking, that was just meant to be a smile smile

• Posted

Hi paper fairy

not heard from you in a couple of days. How are you doing. Do you use any of the facilities for alcohol support in derby? Keep in touch

• Posted

Black and blue and seeing a surgeon today to find out if will need an operation on my cheek bone. I am ok. Just hurts to open my mouth to put food in
    • Posted

Paul, sorry to hear this, what happened? Hope and pray you will great wonderfully effective treatment from lovely maxillofacial surgeons and soon be right as rain.
    • Posted

Hi. Been to AA and Smart recovery in Derby. And both plus addaction and DAAS in Chesterfield. I'm currently on a binge as split up from bf of 3 and half years. Really gutted x
    • Posted

So sorry to hear about your split. Please don't let it destroy you. No matter how much it hurts right now, and I'm sure it is extremely painful, you are a unique and special person, and you don't deserve to be destroyed. All of us on this site know that the answer isn't booze, nor is the comfort. Even of that seems that only way at the moment. There are people here rooting for you, paper fairy - believe that and believe you can do so much better :-). Let me know how you go x
    • Posted

Oh that's not good. I do feel for you. What are you doing then, gone to bed with a bottle is what I used to do. Please stay in touch, although if it was me I'd just want to hide and shut the world off. Hope you feel a bit better soon.
    • Posted

I was attacked by a drunk man who was lying in the road. I stopped my car to encourage him to get up in case a car killed him, he was abusive but I continued to try and convince him that he was in danger and, when he finally got up, he attacked me through my open car window, fracturing my cheek. It's very difficult to defend yourself in such an enclosed space, when sitting down, you are a sitting target.

I have seen the surgeon today and there will be no need for an operation as, althougn the fracture is very clear on the x-ray, the bone is not displaced and should knit together naturally.

• Posted

Glad to hear that Paul. Being the Good Samaritan doesn't always pay off. You did what you thought was right and I applaud you for that. Many would just have passed by on the other side. You deserve a medal, well done
    • Posted

Really glad to hear you haven't any long term damage. As Vicki said, you deserve a medal. The sad thing is that the drunk guy probably doesn't remember a thing even tho you may have saved his life. Hope you recover quickly..
    • Posted

It's more the fear of finding out, the next day, that somebody died and you could have prevented it, Paper Fairy.

He knows what happened, although he says he doesn't remember it. He was caught within a few minutes. He has sent an apology via the police to me. He is going to be charged.

• Posted

I hope that will make you feel it was worth it? IDK I would have done the same as you. You've saved a life and you should be proud of yourself smile
    • Posted

What happened, why did u split up, anyhow u can get back together, l feel for you.
    • Posted

Just seen this, but I think we have spoken since you sent it, Paper Fairy. Call me again if you posted this after we spoke smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.