No desire or sex drive

Posted , 4 users are following.

So since my hysterectomy in 2000, unless I am on hormones, I have absolutely no sex drive or desire.  It was a botched operation that resulted in another horribe oporation to undo all the mess my hysterctomy caused.

Then the Atrophic Vagintis and add to that painful,  when we do. Please tell me I am not the only one with this issue. my husband is beside himself and I don't have any answeres for him. I love him greatly, just no desire anywhere.  Does anyone else suffer from something like this?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Since I hit menopause I lost interest in sex. And VA did not help the situation. Think HRT in the form of Vagifem helped both the atrophy and libido but I did not want to use it long term. I use Yes oil based lube to avoid pain during sex and for internal and external moisture. Also prescribed by my doc hydromol for frictional dermatitis, (rubbing and chafing) which helps keep everything moist. As far as libido goes, I think your husband will just have to accept that things won't stay the same in the bedroom department as our bodies go through change and medical complications. Nothing to do with love as long as he knows this u will be ok. Think if you fancy making love you have to strike while the iron is hot so to speak as desire fades pretty quick these days. Sorry for bluntness

• Posted

Thank you for replying to me question. We will muddle through this but no fun in the process. Mine was a complete hysterectomy, which left me feeling like a enuch.  Appreciate your comments. Thank you.

• Posted

Couldn't agree with you more, it's absolutely tragic, I love him but no sex, too painful 

• Posted

Dear Litlmvrk,

I am so sorry for what you have gone through. Truly sorry.

What you are describing is a direct consequence of your ovaries no longer doing their job because of the hysterectomy. Many women are in the same situation for the same reason.

You might find it useful to visit a website dedicated to and run by women who have had hysterectomies, it is called hystersisters, I believe. There is a lot of useful advice on there on all sorts of things, including low libido

Best wishes and good luck to you

Kkay

• Posted

No ovaries to worry about, so nothing is working. I feel like a enuch. My husband doesn't want me on hormones, so......here we are.  I will happily go and check out that website. Thank you.

• Posted

My husband and are in the same boat. We have been married 40 years and now all of a sudden our sex life is over ? I had a hysterectomy 30 years ago with no HRT. I have been on estrace since Sept with the pain and burning decreasing but I am still having pain inside and out. Sex would be not possible. I miss it and I'm angry a lot of the time. We still have a good marriage but it is a loss and hard for them to understand pain they can't see.

• Posted

My husband does not understand and feels very unloved because of this. Doctors are no help and not sure where to go from here. Sex is not possible for us either at this point.  Thank you for letting me know we are not the only ones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.