No diagnosis pain all over for over a year HELP!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I am looking for some ideas as GP lovely sympathetic but says beyond her . Refererd to rheumatologist who seems blinkered.

I spent last week doing a good impression of someone with taurets, i got a sharp pain and screemed and then found that it helped mentally so subconsciously i must of decided to scream when it really hurt and i feel happier this week and I have stopped screaming. Although it still hurts.

I have had pains in my hands and in my legs for several years but nothing severe just ache for no reason and lots of pins and needles. I thought nothing of the pins and needles untill recently.

However just over a year ago after building up the pain became severe , literally my arms were making my eyes water.

It was like a deep muscle pain right into the bone  it felt like my bones were ice cold and i had been hit with a hammer. It hurts to type myhands struggle to hit the keys.

In a few weeks i had these p[ains sometimes lasting minutes sometimes hours all over my body. the slightest breeze caused my body to contract and deform and feel severe pain. Even a fan on low in the summer would be agony, so winter is very nasty.

apart from the deep pains i have a sensitivity an empty shopping basket on my wrist after 20 or 30 seconds fels like a bang from a hammer, I cant hold knives they hurt my palm and i also spasm and just missed my foot with a sharp cooks knife.

I get pains also on the left of my face which are soothed by covering with a soft cushion I have.these last hours.

I have had severe pains in my rib cage but not for about six months these were like being crushed.

I often get wrong words like washing machine for dryer beef for pork etc i know the right oneand cant get it out.

I was slightly better in the summer but the cold started and I am a mess again , spending much of my days wrapped in a cardigan heating on full with a quilt over me so no draft can hit me and hurt. typing this is wipping me out but i just want to know if anyone has any ideas

i am on lots useless of pain pills and gabapentine which has almost stopped pins and needles but no other effect

The rheumatologist seems interested in inflamation only but has said it may be some sort of nerve hypersensitivity but no more than that.

Any ideas please help me

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have one idea. You said your rheumatologist is interested in inflammation.

So am I. Has she checked your ESR (sed rate) and c-reactive protein levels?

Those are inflammation markers. If those are elevated then that coupled with

your pain is an indication that you have poly Malaysia rheumatica or PMR for short.

You can google it and find out all kinds of info on it. There also a group on here

for that condition. And the fact that your face hurts too causes me concern because

PMR can be connected to another disease called giant cell arteritis which can cause

blindness. So please talk to your rheumatologist about this. Unfortunately not all

rheumatologist are very familiar with PMR. And in fact some believe in the old

belief that you have to be 50 or older to have it. There are people who are 30 and

have it. There are also people who do not show the inflammation markers but

have the disease. One sure way to know is to ask your doctor to prescribe you some

prednisone at about 15 to 20 milligrams a day. If you get relief from it then you have PMR

• Posted

Hi Amkoffee

thanks for the response

yes have had about 6 esr and c reactive proteins  tests in 12 months all vitamins b12 d etc . thats what i mean about obsesive with inflamation. on occasions esr and c reactive has been slightly raised but not above the norm

my gp tried prednione very early days low dose and nothing.

I am 45 if that helps any

• Posted

Hi nin100

Have you had an ESR test for inflammation?

Also have you had your B12 checked...B12 deficiency causes pins and needles...and memory loss snd brain fog snd bodily pain......people do not realise how crucial B12 is for wellbeing...ask your doc for a B12 blood test.....look up symptoms of B12 deficiency and see if it correlates with the symptoms you are presenting....best wishes....

• Posted

Hi lillian

thanks for getting back to me and suggestion

my D was a little low when they tested these over a year ago so i got given a high dose of vit d and it fell into line very quickly

b12 was fine

• Posted

Hi Nin

Sorry to hear your in pain.

Would you be willing to share a little more info??

Can I ask your age, where you live??how longs this been going on? and have you had any small / large accidents, can be anything minor, and can you give a list of meds your on.? Have you been referred to any kind of pain clinics??

You have a lot of symptoms so I am sure it's baffling the DR, but I have a couple of ideas depending on your answers.

Regards

George ( UK ) :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.