NO DOCTOR WILL HELP !

Posted , 4 users are following.

In two weeks I have my consultation for my hysterectomy

However at the moment I have the mirena coil in and ive been in serve pain in my womb area left hand side started a few days ago ive cheaked my string and ITS NOT THERE !!!!!

I rang the 111 service they told me I needed a emergency ultrasound to find out where my coil has gone I went the hospital and to cut a long story short after 5 HOURS ! They refused the ultrasound give me yet another urine test (came back clear as we thought) basically told me yes your coil is the problem but we did not put it in so we are not touching it !! Gave me codine and told me go see my gp as she put it in

Fantastic! .....

I got to my doctors the doctor who put the coil in is now off for 3 weeks no one in my area is available to take it out so ive now got to go thee doctors again tomorrow to geet a referral to the hospital to haave it out which could take a while meanwhile im in serve pain aand my coil is just floating about god knows where !!!!

I have a extensive history with useless doctors if you lool at my other posts

Why do I keep getting the doctors that dont care and can anyone give me some advice ?

Xxxx

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah. You could always try going to a different A and E if there's another near you, or a sexual health clinic. Sounds awful. Hope you get it sorted and soon.

Angie x

• Posted

They all keep saying there is a waiting list its like MINES A EMERGENCY not a general removal but im just being passed from pilar to post but with no one actually doing anything about it
    • Posted

I used to have one a few years ago, but couldn't get on with it. They fitted it in hospital while I was having a D and C, but had it removed as I still kept bleeding. I went to one of those walk in sexual health clinics and they removed it straight away. Got the impression they thought I hadn't thought it through properly, but I was adamant that I wanted it removed and they did. Take someone with you for support and that your not leaving until it's been done. Good luck X
  • Posted

i feel like the NHS is a pass the parcel excercise, with us being the parcel !!!! when you go somewhere , its how can we get rid of this person in the quickest time possible. I know its tough but go back to the a&e and say the pain is getting worse and pain killers are not doing anything. i am sure they just pass you off when u go to a&e, and hope you never return, but if you return , they may take you more seriously, especially as you have made an attempt to see a gp and not got resoultion there.
    • Posted

They saw that the pain killers did not do anything whilst I was in there but they just blatantly didn't care and I did that when my periods first wenr haywire I went the doctors /a and e so many times 6 trips to a.e and 16 doctors appointments and I ended up having to pay £230 to go private to have my first scans and it was them that told my doctors this is the problem stop fobbing her off and bloody look after her !!! But cant keep paying private to get looked after sad just feels like people look at me and go ouh shes a exaggerating send her away every timee I end up being right which makes it realy annoying. The pain im in is so serve ivee booked a appointment with my gp foe today to basically tell my gynaecologist to speed up my hysterectomy beacuse I cant cope with this anymore itss destroying me as a person xx
    • Posted

Hi Sarah

You poor thing. You must be in agony! That's how I was when I had mine in. It was only in for a couple of weeks and I had nothing but trouble with a pain in my side. They told me to give it time to settle when I went back but I demanded that they take it out there and then because I made such a fuss! How did you get on today?

I think Angie is right, take someone with you and try to find a sexual health clinic, they are usually quite good, and really go into one if they refuse. I can't believe how little time it will take to take out and yet nobody will do it!!!

Can I ask what part of the country you live in Sarah?

Jo X

• Posted

Hello I went to my GP today and shes said exactly what we said originaly

I need a emergency ultrasound to find out where my coil has gone they cant just take it out because they dont no where its gone my GP is outraged at the hospital for just sending me home without even cheaking anything and shes had to refer me back to the bloody Hospital that refused to help in the first place for the thing that they should of done in the first bloody place but it will be within a week now because its a referral stupid people

And I live in Staffordshire west Midlands

smile xxx

• Posted

what a horriblr situation you are in. I was just coming on here to write when i saw this reply. My GP was really good and here in london, she put me on an urgent pathway to see a gyne. what she also did when she thought i needed emergency care, is she gave me a letter and told me to get to a&e asap, got seen and admitted that day. Really hope you get it sorted soon. xx
    • Posted

Hi Sarah

How frustrating for you.

I just wondered where you were as where I am, I seem to be pretty lucky with my surgery.

So basically do you have to just keep taking painkillers that don't work until you get another scan appointment?

Oh you poor love. You are really going through it aren't you?

Bet you're thinking "roll on hysterectomy"

Let's just hope once they've done the scan they don't hang it out taking your coil out.

Jo x

• Posted

Hi

I wondered if Sarah could ask for the fast track. I was sooo lucky as although I live I Hertfordshire, was sent to Enfield which is really close and I was lucky enough to be able to choose where I went. Poor Sarah, really feel for her.

Jo X

• Posted

i know i really feel for her, esp when you are in pain. I had this fast track process and got sent to another hospital and not back to the one that discharged me once diagnosed. 
    • Posted

Hello yeah my GP Is great its just as soon as the hospital get involved its all goes to crap

I ve had this exact problem when my period problems started constantly back and forth to the hospital and my g.p basically sending the hospital a rather angry letter saying basically HELP HER !!

Our AE is terrible I got rushed in for my appendicitis a few years ago its took 13 hours for me to get my surgery they left it untill they were on the brink of exploding

Its even worse knowing if I went private (the private hospital is literally 2 mins away from my house) that it definitely wouldn't have gone on 2 years nearly and it certainly wouldn't take nearly a week for a emergency ultrasound.

I did it for my original scans for my periods I got a date of my normal hospital saying the ultrasound was 4 months away so I rang the private hospital and had them done that day !!!

And yeah I honestly never thought id be looking forward to a hysterectomy so much in my life things have to be bad foor that my doctor huged me earlier beacuse I broke down crying and shes seen me from thee start and she has seen me deteriorate mentally beacusr of this

Xxx

• Posted

This should never have happened and I make your GP right to get angry with the hospital.

You shouldn't have to go private. You have a foreign body God knows where inside you. It's not where it should be.

I wish you well my lovely. You've really been through the mill and most definately deserve your life back honey.

Jo X

• Posted

I cant afford to go private

But im 24 work full time and have the life of a 60 year old it was my birthday last Thursday and I spent it at home with my boyfriend my dog and a hot water bottle sad

I dont drink I dont go out and now ive got my coil going for a walk seems never ending I know my hysterectomy will be booked soon but what kind of life is this not just for a 24 years old but for any woman .

I just want my life back

I want to go out to celebrate my birthday

I want to wear nice clothes that dont get ruined in a week

I want to be able to feel like a woman rather than gross all the time

I want to be able to go to work for a full month without any time off

I just want to be me again

Xxx,

• Posted

Oh bless you. Honey I wasn't saying you should go private, just that they should have sorted this as an emergency with you being in so much pain.

I'm sorry if you mistook what I meant, I couldn't afford to go private either I guess I was just lucky with my date coming through quite quickly. Hopefully after you've seen the doctor on 16th to discuss which kind of hysterectomy you want, you won't have to wait that long. I hope not.

Just look forward to al those things you'll be able to do once it's done, and all that nice underwear and the clothes you'll be able to wear.

Happy birthday for last week.

Hopefully next birthday you'll be out partying and celebrating.

Jo X x😉

• Posted

Hi yeah I knew you dident mean to go private ahhahha this iss why I put smilies and laughs in my messages cos its comes across really blunt otheer wise ahah I just ment

Even tho I went I private last time I couldn't afford it this time thats all ahah

And yes ROLL ON HYSTERECTOMY !!!

smile

• Posted

Oh I see...😀 Sorry

Good luck and I hope you get lots of info on it when you go. Try to write a list of all your questions you want to ask.

Stay in touch and keep us all posted.

Jo x

• Posted

Hello

hospital have done my scans today its not my coil they have fount a few cysts on my left ovary and they now think I have PCOS

In which case the partial hysterectomy wont do as it will be keeping the defective part of my body sad

THIS IS NEVER ENDING !!!!

Xxx

• Posted

Aww sarah. You are really going through it aren't you? Try and stay positive though, although I know it's really hard. At least you've had the scan now so you what the problem is finally. If they take one ovary and leave the other, as far as I'm aware you won't go into menapause as you'll still have oestrogen being produced from the other one. Talk everything over with your gynecologist, get all the facts and go from there. Hope they gave you something for the pain.

Angie x

• Posted

I dident know you couldd just have one taken away so thank you for that smile.

And honestly I just want it over and done with its just like hang on ive been on a period foor nearly 2 years and now theres cysts on my ovaries sad . I just want a break from it

Xxx

• Posted

Hi, well at least you know what it is now. try not to worry about the cysts. On my last scan they also said i have one poly cystic ovary. When do you next get to speak to a consultant. find out what issues the cysts on the ovary are causing. on mine they just put it on my scan notes so they may not be that much of a problem
    • Posted

Your welcome. All the info is great that you learn on here. My friend had just the one removed a few yrs ago and hasn't hit the menapause so there is hope sarah. All the best and keep in touch with us all. We're all here to help each other.

Angie xx

• Posted

Well ive been to see my gp today for the results theeve now decided I do have two cysts on my left ovary but its not PCOS as im not overweight and my insulin levels are fine .so essentially im back to square one but I have my gynae appointment next week honestly can not wait to have it gone
    • Posted

Are you still in pain though Sarah and are the cysts causing the pain. Hope they got that sorted for you at least x

Angie x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.