No libido

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 58 years old and married for 38 years i love my husband very much but i have hardly any libido at all.  I have lichen sclerosus and vaginal dryness so i anticipate hurting and it makes me extremely tense.  I have dried lubricants etc and they do help a little but not always.  I just want to feel more spontanious and less old and past it.

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Jackie

Do you take vitimin E capsul once a day at all. It is very good for helping you feel better. You can also stick a pin in the Vitimin Capsul, and squeeze out the liquid and rub it all inside of your vagina area. It will help elimnate the dryness. I use this because I cannot take estrogen creams or anything like that because my mother had breast cancer. Another lubricant that is great for those sexual moments is organic coconut oil, that you can buy at the health food store. Just a little bit is all that is needed inside of your vagina and it will not dry up while having sex. As long as you are not allergic to Vitimin E or coconut oil, these are two great helpers for you.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Hi Lynn, what strength is the Vit E you take.  There are all sorts of strengths here in Spain and all sorts of prices lol.  I would be grateful for the info, Thanks
    • Posted

You can use any strength and it will help but start out with 100 UI. I open up two of them every night before bed and squeeze all the liquid and rub it all inside and on my prolapse as well. It works good. You can experiment with what helps you. It is very healing and stops chafing as well.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Thanks Lynn, I did many moons ago ask a dr to be referred to the hospital as I thought i had Lichen Sclerosus  but when I got to the hospital there were lots of medical students.   when the dr asked if I still had the symptoms, I lied, yes, I know, I lied.  I couldn't face all these students so I said it had cleared. I can remember them all crowding round me it was sooo embarassing.  But I was not sure whether I had this or vaginal dryness. People don't talk about it do they.  I didn't have any friends at the time that i could talk to.  Has anyone else had these two problems and taken Vegifem, wondering whether it will cure both problems.

• Posted

Hi Jackie you have my heartfelt sympathy,  I am 60 this year and my husband will be 55 and sex seems to be a constant problem and worry in my life.  I lost all of my libido during the menopause so basically lay back and thought of England for about 5 years. Started to get a little interest back about 18 months ago but started with VA beginning of this year.

I worry all the time because I know I am not having enough intercourse to satisfy my husband but the burning 2 days afterwards is so intense I can only do it once a week.  I am riddled with guilt for constantly evading having sex and wish he was 6 years older not younger,

Sex has become an unpleasant chore and to be honest I am seriously considering leaving my husband because I don't feel I can cope with this problem month after month and as there is no cure there seems little option. 

I tried everything to boost my sex drive including horny goat weed and every other supplement vitamin and potion but nothing had the slightest effect if you stumble across something please post.  All these lubricants and moisturisers help a tiny amount to make it bearable but that doesn't make you feel sexy or remove the dread of later.

I wonder if all of us who are suffering "fell in love" with someone new if the symptoms would go away and our bodies would start producing oestrogen again?  

• Posted

Linda, I think I have read testosterone may help in the libido department. Have you had your levels checked? Of course, your  anxiety caused by anticipating the discomfort can't be helping. Thinking of leaving your husband sounds extreme. Have you talked with him about the problem you're having?
    • Posted

Last para, Be an interesting thought.   I have exactly the same symptoms.  Sex is only a thought here in Spain (joking really) as it is soo hot - I can't be bothered. I go to bed with a wet facecloth wrapped round me which is not very attractive. that will make you laugh
    • Posted

Oops. I meant to address that to Jackie. It is obvious none of us are very proficient at using computers...with me at the top!
    • Posted

Hi Beverley yes had my levels tested and I actually had higher than average testosterone.  Remember this was years before any discomfort it was literally like a switch had been thrown to the off position
    • Posted

Looked at these two posts, and I was thinking "would i go to my dr about this" and the answer would be no.   A stout Catholic with pictures all over her office and her stern look, no way. But then I might go private woth 100€
    • Posted

Enna, she is a doctor not a nun, correct? And presumably a female Spanish Catholic doctor has a vagina. You are not going there to talk about an abortion. Really, if you can't talk to her about a health problem you need another doctor, but I would try rather than assume she can't handle the conversation. You have learned on this site that there are many women with this problem (and I would tell her that). You are not an abberation. My gyno sent me a copy of a flyer on vaginal atrophy because they were out of them when I had my appointment. Surely your doctor must know about it or needs to learn. What if you print something up from the internet and bring it to her? Would that help to start the conversation?
    • Posted

Hi Beverley, thats an idea, print it off the internet but at the moment I am trying Fegefem, if that works I will go back to her and say I have tried it and ask for a prescription.  If it gets to a certain point I will pay to go to another doctor.  We HAVE to have the village dr on the Spanish Health system, its totally different from the UK Health system.You cannot go to another Social doctor in another area, unless you pay which I have been doing with my 3 herniated discs.
  • Posted

Hi,have you discussed this with your doctor?   I was given Vagifem pessaries to use several years ago and they help tremendously. Tiny tablets that are inserted with an applicator high in the vagina  twice a week.          They certainly  keep vaginal tissues healthy and moist.
    • Posted

Had them before prescribed but its such a flipping faff going to the dr who if you don't speak Spanish she has absolutely no patience with you (they all speak Valenciano here so Spanish is their SECOND language - do you believe!!!)  After the second box it was some time before the problem came back so I just went into the chemist and bought some more 20€ for a box so not too bad
    • Posted

Enna, would it be worth a trip to where ever you are from to see some doctors and get straightened out? I can't imagine trying to see a doctor without being able to speak the language. It's bad enough when everyone speaks English!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.