No mans land

Posted , 10 users are following.

So frustrated after collecting my repeat prescription today and the pharmacist reminded me that this could take 3 months to really start working. While some of the start up effects are subsiding after a month, I still feel pretty rubbish some of the time and the GIT effects seem to want to stick around. Sigh! I hope this starts stabilising at that good place soon. So on I go. Hope everyone is staying stronger than I feel today. Lee x

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Yep 3 months Lee I'm afraid.

Be patient well turned the corner by then

• Posted

Carl

is that 3 months on a stable dosage.  Ie on 100mg going into my 3rd week. So the levelling out will take that long?

• Posted

Hi Lee

feeling the same.  What meds are you on?

lynda

• Posted

Lynda, I hope u mean 10 mg not 100, or r u not on Cita?? And everything about going on and off this med. takes time!! Hang in there , it really does get better💐. Beth
    • Posted

Hi Lynda, started in Citalopram a month a go. Dr wants me to stay on 10 mg for another month which I am happy with. I think I just have unrealistic expectations and need to be patient. That seems to be the key. Went out with friends for lunch, and ended up having such a wonderful day after my bad early morning. Moving forward, even if it is slower than what I would like. No free lunch or instant gratification for me, but like JC says, what are a few side effects anyway. Feel better soon x Lee
  • Posted

Almost everyone has some sort of side effects at different levels. Please be patient and DO inform your GP. It simply saved my life so i accept two or three side effects as ok
  • Posted

No one gives the same answer. Doc told me a month so I'll see how it goes. Hope you feel stronger soon . Take care. x
  • Posted

Hi lee

It's very frustrating when are told it could take up to 3months or longer for the meds to kick in. When I first started taking them I thought foolishly 4 weeks and I'll be as right as rain how wrong was I. Going on to 11 weeks tomorrow some side effects have subsided but my anxiety is through the roof I have good and bad days.Stay strong lee and we will get there and when the meds start to level out it will be well worth it.

jean x

• Posted

Hi there Jean, I am clearly not the patient type, but I need to get better, so no option but to go with the three months. Riding the waves and at least the side effects are not horrific, so giving it a full run and staying hopeful x Yes we will get there. Much love, Lee
  • Posted

It may, it may not Lee. Unllike the pharmacist we don't make non helpful comments (correct as they may or may not be) and watch you walk away! We're here to keep you company on yer journey!

Regards,

David

• Posted

I know you must be sick of hearing this Lee but hang in there, keep yourself positive and distract yourself as much as you can focus on good activities! I still get side effects too which I find somedays I have less tolerance than others so I play my guitar and zone out seems to work for me exercise is also a good wash out of the brain ? take care my friend!
    • Posted

Bloody phone. No, never get tired of being told to be patient. I have a good feeling that it will be worth it in the long run. Also playing my guitar after years, but I bet no where as good as you smile Busy week at work so no time to wallow in self pity, just going to keep moving. Thanks and cheers. Lee
    • Posted

We would make a great duet lee smile if music makes you feel good like it does me whatever it takes !! maybe learn some real trickey stuff depending on how far along you are as the intense focus is a great distracter! You are really strong lee and it will be worth my friend hang in there nothing can beat you now go and play me something cool on that gat of yours smile
  • Posted

Hi Lee 

Everyone reacts differently to this drug but trust me it will get better. It took me three months to feel the real benefits but well worth it. Hang in there and take good care of yourself.

• Posted

Thank you Felis. Like I said, I am in this for the long haul, so if 3 months is what it takes,then so be it. Have been taking it for nearly 5 weeks now and still feel really tired, but getting more done. I will wait it out. Thanks for your reply, and take care too. Lee.
    • Posted

Hey Lee,

Remember, some of us, like me, are 9 months in and now feeling better. However, I am about to report on my reduction thus far in a mo. Interesting!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Keep playing your Music Lee .Music really helps me relax and it works for my son too he is a Counter tenor and he also plays Baroque recorder it really helps him . Hope you are feeling well today and stay strong.
    • Posted

Thats awesome Felis Music is great therapy it helps me also !! takes my mind off how bad I feel or did feel, I'm about 8-9 weeks in and still have bad tremors buzzy ringing in the head otherwise mood wise feel pretty normal Thnaks for post all the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.